2022/23 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be listening for offers personally.

If he's happy here then keep hold. Think he's been one of our most important players for yonks now really.
I'd say it would be fair to listen to him tbh - if he wants to go to a specific club sure, if not - match the wage like lol

It is beyond the ambit of rational consideration that doubts around this bloke's qualities persist: Jordan Pickford has, for two consecutive seasons, kept this club in the top flight.
He has his faults like all Keepers, but even more so this season He kept us up that pen save was pure genius - I feel it will be out of his hands if a new owner or new Board come in it depends on our Books etc....... hope he stays he is the spine of a team atm...

If he’s happy to stay, tie him down to an improved deal. He’s a proven asset to this club, and is somebody who has twice been integral to two successful relegation battles.

The timing of his contract renewal, especially if it didn't have a player friendly relegation release, should be remembered.

What a bloke.

Yep everyone thought he was mad for signing it then.

I have no doubt he’s happy here and at the end of the day, keepers don’t attract mega fees, so if we shove him out the door at the first sign of a good offer we are dooming ourselves. Without him we would have been down last season and down this season.

A MILF with no eyes.

As for Pickford, id sell at £50mil.

29 and his value will begin to drop next season especially with his reflexes being the key part of his game. I doubt he'll have the longevity compared to keepers who have different attributes.

It would be smart to sell at his peak price, like if we had sold DCL at a rumoured £60mil a couple of years ago.

Sell him and get in an experienced keeper and one of the best young prospects around. Or Mamardashvili from Valencia.
Who is the replacement when we sell him? Im keeping him personally. Surely if hes sold then a big chunk of that goes on his relacement so how much is then left to improve elsewhere?

If Leicester getting rid of their keeper, hasnt showed what could happen if we got rid of Pickford, - i dont know whatever will. and why some people even want that i dont know
absolutely agree with this, i really like Pickford. I think he's a great keeper, he's not the best sure, but he's undoubtably one of our best players, if no the best we have at the moment. My Leeds supporting friend was saying yesterday, as we discussed Leeds and Everton on the way to watching Interpol, that no one likes him, but would have him in their team all day long.

He#s a solid, consistent player, we need more of this type of player in other positions... who gives a guff if he's not liked - he's a help, not a hindrance!!

Who is the replacement when we sell him? Im keeping him personally. Surely if hes sold then a big chunk of that goes on his relacement so how much is then left to improve elsewhere?
I'd go for Mamardashvili from Valencia.

Otherwise an experienced keeper on loan and sign a youngster like Bart Verbruggen to develop -- though he looks so good he would probably start quickly.

Pickford at 29 relies on reflexes and agility...we'll just see his value dropping from now on. Id take one of the two above all day and cash in.

I'd go for Mamardashvili from Valencia.

Otherwise an experienced keeper on loan and sign a youngster like Bart Verbruggen to develop -- though he looks so good he would probably start quickly.

Pickford at 29 relies on reflexes and agility...we'll just see his value dropping from now on. Id take one of the two above all day and cash in.
It's the sort of cold-hearted business decision we may have to make. It would take on a sizable risk, because Pickford has been a large part of keeping the goals against down this season. Character also matters, and he's shown us he has it in spades in recent years.

We would need everything lined up early, have to fend off attempts to bleed us because other sides would know we had money, and generally be more organized than Everton has been in the past to make a plan like this work. I'm not a hard 'no', but a lot of dominoes would need to be set up just right.

It's the sort of cold-hearted business decision we may have to make. It would take on a sizable risk, because Pickford has been a large part of keeping the goals against down this season. Character also matters, and he's shown us he has it in spades in recent years.

We would need everything lined up early, have to fend off attempts to bleed us because other sides would know we had money, and generally be more organized than Everton has been in the past to make a plan like this work. I'm not a hard 'no', but a lot of dominoes would need to be set up just right.

Juventus moved Van Der Sar to Fulham and then signed Buffon.

Lets say we got £50mil. Mamardashvili I would expect to cost around £25mil and Verbruggen perhaps £15mil.

So we'd have £25-35mil to inject into our transfer funds. I'd rather have that and a top young keeper than hold onto a 29 year old no matter how good he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.