2022/23 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20230529-142213~2.png

He’s only marking the difference between Pickford being our best player but not necessarily being world class. I’m not going to argue with the greatest goalie we’ve ever had. 😁

Pickford is a very good goalkeeper for the majority of the time. However he doesn't control the air like a world class keeper should and that creates a lot of bum clenching moments and doesn't give us a break when we are under the cosh. No one has questioned his shot stopping and it kind of makes up for the rest.

If he was world class he would be at another club right now, I think somewhere in the back of his mind doesn't want that, a bit like Tim Howard any issues have a bigger spotlight shone on them and he could end up losing his England place.

…folk get too hung up on the phrase ‘world class’ as it’s too frequently used but much less frequently accurate.

i’m 66 & reckon with certainty I have seen 3 world class players at Everton, with perhaps another 3 who didn’t play enough games for us to categorise. A world class player us one who gets in any team in the world, I doubt we have a player for a long time who even gets in any side in this league.

our best player by a mile. kept us up twice now

hopefully his reputation as a ‘banter player’ will prevent the likes of spurs and united fans clamouring to sign him because both need a new keeper and he’d fit the bill. thankfully Kepa is the one bright light at Chelsea atm

…folk get too hung up on the phrase ‘world class’ as it’s too frequently used but much less frequently accurate.

i’m 66 & reckon with certainty I have seen 3 world class players at Everton, with perhaps another 3 who didn’t play enough games for us to categorise. A world class player us one who gets in any team in the world, I doubt we have a player for a long time who even gets in any side in this league.
Southall
Ball
And…..?

I'm guessing Ball, Wilson and Hibbert.

Status
Not open for further replies.