2021/22 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I would trust them at all but I think we would get 35M+ for Pickford and we should be able to pick up a replacement for 20M.
Mendy at Chelsea arguably the best keeper in the league was about that much, these players are out there if you look hard enough.
They are but we aint spending, Pickford is possibly our best player right now, no chance we should sell him, them days of selling our good players should be over a long time ago

They are but we aint spending, Pickford is possibly our best player right now, no chance we should sell him, them days of selling our good players should be over a long time ago
We need to sell some one. If we made a good profit on him he is definitely replaceable. And given our financial situation the days of selling our best players aint over. It never really was .

Problem with selling him is that any decent replacement would cost a sizable chunk of change and none of the current back ups are anywhere near as good, so a new keeper would be essential

I don't trust Brands to spend that money wisely on the right replacement I'm afraid
Add to that and its not an attractive club to join right now unless you are a player totally out of favor, like Gray and Townsend, why give ourselves the problem of getting a new keeper, we have enough squad problems as it is without making a new one

View attachment 146095

Interesting post on a Spurs fan forum about the Pickford rumour.
They'd have to spend a large chunk of cash to get him. I'd be tempted to sell if there was an actual replacement lined up and overall squad strengthening on the back of it. Probably prefer to keep Pickford as he's actually turning in high level performances on a regular basis now.

Cue howlers versus City.

Seaman was so overrated. And Shilton was to old in 90 and I think he cost England in the semi v Germany
I disagree. Seaman was very good, and as much as I can’t stand the man, Shilton was good.

I personally would keep Pickford rather than sell. He’s a good goalkeeper and will improve as he gets older. He’s still relatively young in GK terms.

Problem with selling him is that any decent replacement would cost a sizable chunk of change and none of the current back ups are anywhere near as good, so a new keeper would be essential

I don't trust Brands to spend that money wisely on the right replacement I'm afraid

….it’s a big old world out there, so a replacement need not be too expensive.

As for Brands, it increasingly looks like he’s not empowered in respect of transfer business so we would be reliant on Benitez or Moshiri knowing the global market.

I hate it when speculation comes up over one of our players and some fans fall over themselves to give a value they’d let them go for. It’s such a small time mentality in my opinion.

Pickford has been solid for a good while now and rediscovered the form that made him our player of the season when he first joined.

People Sam Johnstone isn’t in the same league as Pickford by the way.

If we were to replace Pickford it would not be easy to find a much better shot stopper or penno saver but I would sacrifice that for someone that can collect crosses confidently to relieve the pressure on the suspect defence. Someone that can dominate his own area. My only problem with Pickford is like Howard he tends to be scared of crosses

If we were to replace Pickford it would not be easy to find a much better shot stopper or penno saver but I would sacrifice that for someone that can collect crosses confidently to relieve the pressure on the suspect defence. Someone that can dominate his own area. My only problem with Pickford is like Howard he tends to be scared of crosses
We need a Nigel Martyn type. Not flashy, just does his job and gives the defence an assurance.

The lad from West Brom Johnstone on a free end of season. Would be a good piece of business. For what it’s worth this smells like the work of his agent. He has 2 years left and looking for a pay rise. Despite his success with England his form for over his time here has been up and down and with our financial position we can’t give him a big bump

Status
Not open for further replies.