2021/22 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we were to replace Pickford it would not be easy to find a much better shot stopper or penno saver but I would sacrifice that for someone that can collect crosses confidently to relieve the pressure on the suspect defence. Someone that can dominate his own area. My only problem with Pickford is like Howard he tends to be scared of crosses

When the most rudimentary ball comes into the box towards him, even when he’s under no pressure and no challenge, I just always have the feeling that he’ll drop it. And he does 9/10.

I disagree. Seaman was very good, and as much as I can’t stand the man, Shilton was good.

I personally would keep Pickford rather than sell. He’s a good goalkeeper and will improve as he gets older. He’s still relatively young in GK terms.
I didn’t say they weren’t good. And like I’ve said Seaman imo made a number of errors in huge games and for 10yrs was behind a great Arsenal defence.

And the for me the reason he played for England for 12yrs was Because he was the best of a poor bunch. Pickford has been better for England than him.

I disagree. Seaman was very good, and as much as I can’t stand the man, Shilton was good.

I personally would keep Pickford rather than sell. He’s a good goalkeeper and will improve as he gets older. He’s still relatively young in GK terms.
Both excellent goalkeepers. Shilton won the league for Forest, was worth 20plus points in a season, but he did carry on too long.

Normally I'd be in favour of cashing in on a keeper for like 30 or 40m, but we would replace him would someone abysmal.

Especially in Jan as well, also we paid 30 mil for Pickford at the time, despite many ups and downs throughout his Everton career, in my view he's a much better keeper now than he was when he signed (and even 18 months ago for that matter), so we couldn't just break even on him. And believe me, we would not get too much of a fee for him from Spurs/ Levy.

Especially in Jan as well, also we paid 30 mil for Pickford at the time, despite many ups and downs throughout his Everton career, in my view he's a much better keeper now than he was when he signed (and even 18 months ago for that matter), so we couldn't just break even on him. And believe me, we would not get too much of a fee for him from Spurs/ Levy.

He's been fine this season

Status
Not open for further replies.