2021/22 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is a price that is considered fair if Spurs make an offer? Aaron Ramsdale went for around 30m and he is considered a contender for England's number 1 currently.

Bit of a daft arguement really mate. Yes, he is the only keeper to get to a final since Banks, but there have been better keepers. Shilton, Clemence, Martyn and Seaman. Just my opinion.
Seaman was so overrated. And Shilton was to old in 90 and I think he cost England in the semi v Germany

If we were talking a fee close to what was paid for the likes of Allison and Kepa then yes. Spend smart on an experienced keeper who we can rely on and re-invest the rest into key positions RB/CM/ST.

However, I have a feeling we probably wouldn't get much more than the 30 mil we paid for him atm, especially not off Spurs. So would have to say no in that case.

If we were talking a fee close to what was paid for the likes of Allison and Kepa then yes. Spend smart on an experienced keeper who we can rely on and re-invest the rest into key positions RB/CM/ST.

However, I have a feeling we probably wouldn't get much more than the 30 mil we paid for him atm, especially not off Spurs. So would have to say no in that case.
That is a fair comment. If sell then don't sell to Spurs as they will stitch us up for sure

Pickford better than Flowers and Woods imo. Tbf, its a different ball game, those keepers didnt have to deal with the backpass rule and play from the back.

I believe the goals were actually made bigger and as for the balls themselves they swerve like meatballs compared to the ones we used then. Believe me I used to hear them !

…I’ve long thought he’s our most sellable asset that wouldn’t too negatively impact team performance. Of course, that depends on the acquisition of a low cost progressive replacement.

i have no idea who a replacement could be, people employed by the club are paid lots of money to know that.

We've waited over two years for a right back, how many years before replacing Lukaku and we got lucky with DCL to do that. Would you trust Brands to replace our goalkeeper, possibly the most important position in any team ?

i can see him leaving,i dont think it will be to spurs though.
if he wants to win trophies in his career,here is probably not the place!

Status
Not open for further replies.