2021/22 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made some shocking mistakes for Portsmouth recently!
read about that but haven't watched (just the odd highlights). I just remember him for Shamrock Rovers at 16. Seeing him for Ireland and the odd portsmouth highlight. Hopefully with a higher quality defense and a bit more experience, mistakes will clear up. Every 19 yo keeper makes mistakes.
Matt Turner from the Revs here would make a great back up keeper too.
Here's a Bazunu save from the weekend

I just don’t see us selling any of our better players to Spurs, Levy just won’t pay a reasonable fee.

Just as an aside, we would struggle to replace Pickford with another keeper as good, he is a very decent keeper, why would another decent keeper want to move to this current Everton set up? We will no longer pay stupid wages and are a long way away from challenging for silverware.

Beg to differ mate, top class keeper was Seaman. Shilton was also a great keeper, up to 1986. Should have retired then.
Like I’ve just said to someone else. Seaman made some huge errors in big games for club and country. IMO he was overweight and slow across his goal. And had this habit of going to ground early . See the Giggs FA cup goal

Like I’ve just said to someone else. Seaman made some huge errors in big games for club and country. IMO he was overweight and slow across his goal. And had this habit of going to ground early . See the Giggs FA cup goal
All keepers have made huge mistakes, even our Nev, cost Wales a world cup place in 94. Overall was a very good keeper imo.

We've waited over two years for a right back, how many years before replacing Lukaku and we got lucky with DCL to do that. Would you trust Brands to replace our goalkeeper, possibly the most important position in any team ?

…that is the key problem with our whole poor performance and I think it’s much too easy to blame Brands.

We need to appoint somebody brilliant at identifying and acquiring the right talent that blends and dovetails into a productive playing strategy. Its not the DoF that’s the problem with Everton transfers, it’s the role of the DoF.

Brands is not empowered when it comes to acquiring players, Benitez is. I have no issue with that but whoever it is has to very good in transfer dealings.

All keepers have made huge mistakes, even our Nev, cost Wales a world cup place in 94. Overall was a very good keeper imo.
He let in a goal he should have saved. Not sure it cost wales as they had to win and lost 2-1.
Seaman let in 2 40/50 yard shots. One in a European final. And one in a World Cup Q/final. And that’s just for starters.

People rave about Gazza’s free kick in 91. He should save that it’s not in the top corner. Lineker scored a left footer from 20yards in the same game . Owen’s left foot 25yard daisy cutter to win Liverpool the cup in 2001 was horrendous keeping. And I’m not an Arsenal, just games I remember. Also let’s not forget. He played behind a brilliant defence for years

He let in a goal he should have saved. Not sure it cost wales as they had to win and lost 2-1.
Seaman let in 2 40/50 yard shots. One in a European final. And one in a World Cup Q/final. And that’s just for starters.

People rave about Gazza’s free kick in 91. He should save that it’s not in the top corner. Lineker scored a left footer from 20yards in the same game . Owen’s left foot 25yard daisy cutter to win Liverpool the cup in 2001 was horrendous keeping. And I’m not an Arsenal, just games I remember. Also let’s not forget. He played behind a brilliant defence for years
It was nil nil at the time, so I think it cost them. Again, as with another poster, going to have to agree to disagree.

I just don’t see us selling any of our better players to Spurs, Levy just won’t pay a reasonable fee.

Just as an aside, we would struggle to replace Pickford with another keeper as good, he is a very decent keeper, why would another decent keeper want to move to this current Everton set up? We will no longer pay stupid wages and are a long way away from challenging for silverware.
It shouldn't be that hard take for example Martinez at Villa or Ramsdale both I would say are better than Pickford, one was out of favour and the other in the championship and the pair of them cost less than what we would get if we sold Pickford.

…that is the key problem with our whole poor performance and I think it’s much too easy to blame Brands.

We need to appoint somebody brilliant at identifying and acquiring the right talent that blends and dovetails into a productive playing strategy. Its not the DoF that’s the problem with Everton transfers, it’s the role of the DoF.

Brands is not empowered when it comes to acquiring players, Benitez is. I have no issue with that but whoever it is has to very good in transfer dealings.

Not just Benitez, though I know what you mean, previous managers, Moshiri and apparently Kenwright ( supposedly Rooney) all have input.

Pickford better than Flowers and Woods imo. Tbf, its a different ball game, those keepers didnt have to deal with the backpass rule and play from the back.
Yes fair enough it’s about opinions, and you disagree with a couple of mine and I agree they did play under different rules and Pickford’s job is harder with today’s rules. By the way I thought Chris Woods was a very under rated goalkeeper, unspectacular and solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.