2021/22 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good piece on the BBC today about Pickford - Lee Dixon wont like this.

Jordan Pickford's place as England number one is, as usual, a source of debate, particularly given Aaron Ramsdale's outstanding form since his move to Arsenal.

One place where this is not a pressing matter for discussion is inside the England camp. Pickford had an outstanding Euros and is deservedly first-choice, as he has been for more than three years.

Southgate works on loyalty and the mantra that Pickford has never let him down. He has, in fact, done more than not let England down. He has kept 20 clean sheets in 43 appearances, has a 76.9% save ratio and - according to Opta stats - has yet to make an error leading to a goal in his England career.
We should get hypnotised before every Everton game and tell him he is playing for England.

There are the usual a-holes on here with their anti Pickford agenda. They never give up. Mind you I suppose we all go after certain players we think are "not good enough". I have Davies in mind although the manager is not daft enough to play him.

Was thinking the very same in the second half last night. Could easily see a new Man U manager coming in for him. Likely we would take the money on offer as we are desperate. Worrying.
United have already got their long term goalkeeper on the books in Henderson and I’d swop Pickford for him in an instant but United are not that daft.

Status
Not open for further replies.