2021/22 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine if he ditches us.

There’ll still be folk on here that stand by JP being our biggest problem and that a new keeper is our number 1 priority.
Our biggest concern needs to be how to keep him.
Am amazed he has kept his England place for a while now. How the lad as keeper has kept it together.

It shows in that the press have not gone after him, there was a little early last season but it's what goes on in front him for the most part, defence and midfield is shocking.

My man of the match kept us in it in the first half. At least it was a contest for a time.

I am praying to see Pickford one day , just one day focus, quiet and supportive towards his defenders, amount of negative energy that he produce every week it’s incredible , he is more annoying then my mother in law

Pickford, another clean sheet for England, just a stat though since its weak opponent.
He is actually the best player in our squad really, having a good Everton season, one of the few who hasnt let us down.

The only moment that really stands out was the concession of that corner against West Ham which led to their goal. I can’t recall the last error that led directly to a goal. Compare to De Gea who has made errors in the last 2 games

I am praying to see Pickford one day , just one day focus, quiet and supportive towards his defenders, amount of negative energy that he produce every week it’s incredible , he is more annoying then my mother in law
I don't blame him with the absolute mess that keeps happening in front of him every week.
Its nice to see he cares.

I suspect I might be bias and not sure if anyone feels the same. Pickford is not a problem but also not the solution. He's a good keeper but at the same time doesn't exude a safe presence. There is always a feeling of anxiety when balls are hit into the box. His saves, when he makes them, always appear flashy. Even those routine saves look flashy and more difficult than it should be. I do not get a feeling of stability and calmness from his decision making. His distribution is also erratic. One moment an incredible upfield ball to Richarlison and next moment, a kick out of the sidelines under no pressure at all.

I suspect I might be bias and not sure if anyone feels the same. Pickford is not a problem but also not the solution. He's a good keeper but at the same time doesn't exude a safe presence. There is always a feeling of anxiety when balls are hit into the box. His saves, when he makes them, always appear flashy. Even those routine saves look flashy and more difficult than it should be. I do not get a feeling of stability and calmness from his decision making. His distribution is also erratic. One moment an incredible upfield ball to Richarlison and next moment, a kick out of the sidelines under no pressure at all.

that feeling of anxiety is usually because Tom Davies has shinned it up in the air, Coleman or Digne has allowed a cross to come into the box when they could have easily defended it, and then Michael Keane has jumped underneath it or has headed it against his own player a yard away for no reason.

Pickford then gets blamed for not ‘commanding his area’. I’m not sure any keeper would look good with the clowns we have playing in front of him. Has played at the highest level at the World Cup and euros and looked one of the best if not the best keeper at both tournaments.

Let’s get an actual competent team out in front of him and then assess his performances, rather than the current clown squad that takes the pitch most games.

that feeling of anxiety is usually because Tom Davies has shinned it up in the air, Coleman or Digne has allowed a cross to come into the box when they could have easily defended it, and then Michael Keane has jumped underneath it or has headed it against his own player a yard away for no reason.

Pickford then gets blamed for not ‘commanding his area’. I’m not sure any keeper would look good with the clowns we have playing in front of him. Has played at the highest level at the World Cup and euros and looked one of the best if not the best keeper at both tournaments.

Let’s get an actual competent team out in front of him and then assess his performances, rather than the current clown squad that takes the pitch most games.
Like I said, I feel that i am bias and as of now, every other position requires upgrade before the keeper.

There was a time last season and seasons before when he was one of the problems. Credit to him for turning things around.

If we got a huge bid i wouldn't be adverse to him moving on to allow player trading and potentially getting someone taller in who is better on set pieces.

Tbh though there are probably 7 or 8 positions that require more immediate attention.

There was a time last season and seasons before when he was one of the problems. Credit to him for turning things around.

If we got a huge bid i wouldn't be adverse to him moving on to allow player trading and potentially getting someone taller in who is better on set pieces.

Tbh though there are probably 7 or 8 positions that require more immediate attention.
Every mistake Pickford makes doesn’t result in a goal but he still makes plenty of mistakes and doesn’t inspire confidence in my opinion, yes other positions require looking at before Jordan, but as you say yourself you wouldn’t be adverse if he was sold for a good fee and neither would I, a good shot stopper but other area’s of his game need a big improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.