2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe our defensive are a nervous wreck playing in front of him, they have no confidence in him or what he’s going to do. And also he’s got one of the worst save % since he’s been here and the most individual errors, that’s on him no one else
I just don’t think he is good enough if we want to progress to the levels we all crave
He sits in a group of players that are not going to take us forward, not even stabilise us

he is a decent keeper... no more than that

To be fair it's a chicken and egg situation. Do they unnerve him or he them. Whatever, whenever Fulham had the ball in the final third I was reaching for the Xanax.

now there's a good sleeve sponsor..why didn't we think of that before? Or the Xanax Stadium at BMD.
At 3-1 at H/T I just expected the worst., and we're so open at the back despire Allan Doucoure looking like they play well every game

Pickford should have 100% closed down the 50/50 ball that led to Fulham's first yeah?
Potentially. But in a normal situation, the defender comes across and shields the striker, this narrows the angle and makes it an easy save with the keeper staying by the post. Pickford can't tell that Mina has no clue what's going on until the balls already 4 yards into the area at which point he does start moving. He then realises that he won't get to the ball first or in time to set, so he stops. I reckon he's in the right position for the shot. Charging out means the striker can just slot easily (look at Ederson vs Tottenham twice), whereas standing big there means the striker has to hit a good strike on target in the corner. The striker scored well.

True but with Mina in front of him its not surprising

Mina is in yoyo form this season and looks to be on his way out next summer...hopefully holding hands with Keane.

Keane must be the most reactive centre back in the league. Doesnt read the game at all.

For all Keanes plaudits on defensive heading in the forum, Minas stats are amongst the best in the league this season.

I think we'll have Godfrey, Holgate, Branthwaite + 1 other player next summer as the options.

Cant take another season of Keane.

Mina is in yoyo form this season and looks to be on his way out next summer...hopefully holding hands with Keane.

Keane must be the most reactive centre back in the league. Doesnt read the game at all.

For all Keanes plaudits on defensive heading in the forum, Minas stats are amongst the best in the league this season.

I think we'll have Godfrey, Holgate, Branthwaite + 1 other player next summer as the options.

Good God that would be bad.

Keane has great heading stats too.

I think you’re confused Z. This is the thread where we all talk about how crap Pickford is. He’s pretty awful, don’t you think?

I think you’re confused Z. This is the thread where we all talk about how crap Pickford is. He’s pretty awful, don’t you think?

Im uncertain as to what has happened with him

Not sure if its poor management, personal life, goalkeeping coach or the defence.

Positive i take from it is that hes not as bad as Tim Howard despite the bandwagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.