2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is it mate. I've never really been a fan of him (there is probably a vault of me in 2018 saying we should sell him and bring Ben Foster in, to much chagrin). Even at his pinnacle, which was 2018, I wasn't convinced on Pickford. That 1st season he had, I don't even think he was very good, it's just the team around him was awful so he looked a bit better. So I am certainly not pro Pickford.

Some of the stuff now though just feels the other way with me. I think people have flipped to being a bit too critical. Maybe I just like being contrarian, but I think he's done ok in some games this season. Spurs away was very good. He made 2 or 3 world class saves in the derby (the one off Arnolds Free Kick was exceptional). He's very good with his feet.

I would replace him with Olsen, but I do think there are some criticism that are too harsh. I've seen people get on at him for the Maguire drop, whcih wasn't a mistake it was a clear foul!
He was lucky not to have been sent off in derby and fumbled one at the death which could easily resulted in us losing the game.
If that was one of his good games God help us

But he would not have been sent off in the derby if shitberg van [Poor language removed] had been booked twice for those two "hello" tackles in the first 5 minutes. Just saying to balance the record.

Attachments

• download (4).jpeg
    download (4).jpeg
    10 KB · Views: 36

Is he starting tomorow ?

Surely just a matter of time he's left out.
Notice since Mendy started for Chelsea they have conceded 1 goal in the last 7 games.
The game before Kepa let in 3 agst Southampton.
Massive difference.

I think this is it mate. I've never really been a fan of him (there is probably a vault of me in 2018 saying we should sell him and bring Ben Foster in, to much chagrin). Even at his pinnacle, which was 2018, I wasn't convinced on Pickford. That 1st season he had, I don't even think he was very good, it's just the team around him was awful so he looked a bit better. So I am certainly not pro Pickford.

Some of the stuff now though just feels the other way with me. I think people have flipped to being a bit too critical. Maybe I just like being contrarian, but I think he's done ok in some games this season. Spurs away was very good. He made 2 or 3 world class saves in the derby (the one off Arnolds Free Kick was exceptional). He's very good with his feet.

I would replace him with Olsen, but I do think there are some criticism that are too harsh. I've seen people get on at him for the Maguire drop, whcih wasn't a mistake it was a clear foul!

This is just incorrect. He’s appalling with his feet. Olsen in one game showed him how to kick the ball to his team mates.

Imagine if Pickford had made the errors that Edison made today for City. This site would have boiled over. It puts things in perspective. I had a laugh yesterday taking the pizz out of Red friends talking about "van Dikk who was crippled by Pickford" The media only describe him now as "van Dikk who was crippled by Pickford". When he dies they will mourn the footballer "van Dikk who was crippled by Pickford".

Status
Not open for further replies.