2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs to chill out. He always wants to be front and centre of everything. He was marauding out of his goal last night to try and get a ball when the defenders had it covered and nearly cost England a goal.

He needs to chill out. He always wants to be front and centre of everything. He was marauding out of his goal last night to try and get a ball when the defenders had it covered and nearly cost England a goal.

He contributed to giving away a soft penalty last night, I’d say between him and Maguire they cost England that game.

Pickers always has a howler in him almost every time he plays and has cost is goals and matches on numerous occasions. The thing is that he has enough games to and time to improve this but he seems to getting worse.

It's getting to the point where nobody trusts him, can be lonely road as a GK when that happens. How does he arrest this slide, he's had ample opportunity to play his way back into form including with no fans on his back and he is now getting to a point where it is every game there's a talking point. Can't be good for the confidence.

Maybe we would be better off with Mina in goal. He's big enough. He just might catch the ball now and again. Maybe even make the odd save. And surely he would be able to pass the ball out to an actual Everton player.
Or how about giving old Kenwright a chance. The ball might bounce off him every now and again.
Anyhow......enough of that nonsense........we are stuck with Pickford. We are stuck with his mistakes. Let's just hope that the other ten players are all up to protecting their keeper. And that they are capable of outscoring Pickfords mistakes. He lets in one..........we score two.
But that won't always happen. Pickford will cost us points soon. Just hope it's not saturday.

The better we become. The more football matches that we win.. The longer we stay at the business end of the league. The more cup runs that we have.
And just the all round improvement in our squad. Pickfords position will be scrutinised to within an inch of its life.
He keeps making mistakes.......then he's out. Southgate won't put up with many more mistakes. Don Carlo won't either.
If Pickford doesn't noticeably improve.........he'll be gone.
Just hope for his sake........and especially us supporters sake that he can improve. Cutting out these mind numbingly stupid mistakes would be a good start. Starting on saturday.. .......but who really knows with Pickford?
Up The Toffees.....

This.

no composure, no resolve, no plan. Panic and overreaction and indecision.

Fantastic saves but a keeper is not just a [Poor language removed] stopper, he’s one of eleven footballers who has to do basic things like be in the right place at the right time.

If it were Burnley or Southampton I’d have no trouble starting Olsen. Not sure if a derby means that he’d be thrown into the deep end.

Pickfords downward spiral started in the derby with the Origi goal. If he plays he’s playing for his Everton future. I firmly believe that. A timid performance and he’s done.

Mate I said since before we signed him, and often have words with the people around me in the street end who sing “England’s number one” after he makes a routine save. The lads a disaster and I have no doubt he’s going to cost us big time this season.

Anyhow......enough of that nonsense........we are stuck with Pickford. We are stuck with his mistakes. Let's just hope that the other ten players are all up to protecting their keeper. And that they are capable of outscoring Pickfords mistakes. He lets in one..........we score two.
But that won't always happen. Pickford will cost us points soon. Just hope it's not saturday.

They have Alisson, so.

the [Poor language removed]-up Cup.

'Clearly'?
Under what reasoning can he be called 'clearly a capable player'?
I’d say the fact that a Premier League team has him as their number 1 and his country do too is a bit of a giveaway clue. You might not rate him, you might think he’s an ass....but to be at the level he is means factually he is a capable player.

This is the same goalie that went on the piss to the darts in London the evening before his new managers first training session.

He hasn't got a brain cell to determine praise versus criticism.
[/QUOTE

Gazza was the country’s best player of the last four or five generations and lacked common sense ....the criticism he took for certain things Football or otherwise related contributed to the fragile person he is today mate. I see a pinned thread at the top of the Forum about mental health, and we all supposedly know so much more about it and how to help sufferers....and in the same breath we’re ripping players apart and making crass statements about not having a brain cell. I really don’t get it. Fine, don’t rate the lad as a player but I think some of the statements being bandied about in the thread are unfair and unwise. Of course he knows praise from criticism. If you think players don’t feel it then I’m shocked.
We all need to lay off the personal criticism.

I was convinced that Ancelotti would prioritise replacing him in the summer, but then Dida was erratic and he kept faith with him for years.

They have Alisson, so.

the [Poor language removed]-up Cup.
Not really bothered who is in nets for our opposition. That's their concern.
Our forwards will at times not score many goals. We cannot expect to score 4 and 5 every match. And when those matches pop up , we need a keeper who will at least earn us a point. We will.at times this season need a reliable keeper.
I just at present don't think that that keeper is Pickford.

Anyhow.........you are right that they have Alisson. So let's pepper him with shots on saturday. Let's put him to the sword. But knowing their luck at times........the guy will play a blinder. And then concede a bagful next week.
The battle of the keepers. Let's hope that our shaky keeper is better that their shaky keeper. No really much comfort hoping that Pickford is better that Alisson.

So, I had another Pickford related dream. We won the match tomorrow and were 5-0 up before he let in a goal that was almost identical to the Origi one last time. He started crying afterwards, it was an uncomfortable watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.