2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the venom he’s getting from his own Clubs supporters is really helping him settle down isn’t it. The lad is clearly a capable player, just needs space to get on with it.
Sorry I'm going to take issue with this. For the last 3 years his mistakes have cost us goals. His positioning is questionable and means he gets beat by savable shots. He makes everyone nervous at corners. I just don't think he is good enough for any team in the premier never mind us. His post match interview tonight saying he welcomes the scrutiny and will make him better. Well no sign of that in the last 3 years. His inane grinning and blaming others when he makes a mistake. His concentration and decision making is mostly terrible. He dosnt seem to learn from his mistakes.Now and again he makes a decent save. But not good enough for my team. Not sure what he does in training but he actually thinks he is brilliant. But capable I'm afraid not at this moment and not for the last 3 years

Sorry I'm going to take issue with this. For the last 3 years his mistakes have cost us goals. His positioning is questionable and means he gets beat by savable shots. He makes everyone nervous at corners. I just don't think he is good enough for any team in the premier never mind us. His post match interview tonight saying he welcomes the scrutiny and will make him better. Well no sign of that in the last 3 years. His inane grinning and blaming others when he makes a mistake. His concentration and decision making is mostly terrible. He dosnt seem to learn from his mistakes.Now and again he makes a decent save. But not good enough for my team. Not sure what he does in training but he actually thinks he is brilliant. But capable I'm afraid not at this moment and not for the last 3 years

He’s so terrible, and yet he’s been chosen as first choice by no less than five different managers at club and international level since he joined Everton.

They’re obviously all in on the conspiracy.

He’s so terrible, and yet he’s been chosen as first choice by no less than five different managers at club and international level since he joined Everton.

Think that he has too many clangers in him and cost in the past including a derby so unfortunately he won’t be a reliable keeper for us.
Wouldn’t be surprised if when spend big on a keeper next summer

I mean, can you get more space than 6 months playing in front of empty stadiums?

Tbf he isn't clever enough to just ignore all the stuff on social media sites like this one, apparently he actually reads the mountain of criticism. Needs to just leave off looking at such stuff, let's be honest 90% of it is drivel anyway ,- and that includes my posts and here.

That's personal choice. I'm not a manager from.day 1 I always thought he was too small the first year he was actually ok and his distribution of the ball was good. He has gradually gone worse which I think corresponded with his penalty saves for England. Personally think he thought he was better than he was then. His form since then has gone downhill, lots of personal mistakes. Clubs have got on to his size. They put a man on him at corners and effectively take him out the game. His concentration levels are poor. You obviously rate him I'd have him as a back up keeper if we can't get rid Then see if he works really hard to try and address his issues.

That's personal choice. I'm not a manager from.day 1 I always thought he was too small the first year he was actually ok and his distribution of the ball was good. He has gradually gone worse which I think corresponded with his penalty saves for England. Personally think he thought he was better than he was then. His form since then has gone downhill, lots of personal mistakes. Clubs have got on to his size. They put a man on him at corners and effectively take him out the game. His concentration levels are poor. You obviously rate him I'd have him as a back up keeper if we can't get rid Then see if he works really hard to try and address his issues.

It’s not about whether I rate him or not.

And the venom he’s getting from his own Clubs supporters is really helping him settle down isn’t it. The lad is clearly a capable player, just needs space to get on with it.

This is the same goalie that went on the piss to the darts in London the evening before his new managers first training session.

He hasn't got a brain cell to determine praise versus criticism.

I have been wondering for a while what Pickford thinks of Everton as a club and us as fans.

He gets a lot of criticism from Everton fans and the vast majority of it is completely fair but I have never seen him interviewed and asked about it. I think the club should put an interview out there for him to get his Side across as currently we only have the arrogant impression of him based on how he acts when it could be embarrassment.

That being said I don’t recall seeing many interviews with him at all, makes you wonder if the Everton media team know he isn’t a likeable person...

For what it's worth the only thing he was guilty of during the penalty incident last night was probably not giving Walker a clear shout.

It wasn't even a penno to begin with, but if anyone is to be be apportioned blame then I'd say it should be Walker for not dealing with it better.

I have been wondering for a while what Pickford thinks of Everton as a club and us as fans.

He gets a lot of criticism from Everton fans and the vast majority of it is completely fair but I have never seen him interviewed and asked about it. I think the club should put an interview out there for him to get his Side across as currently we only have the arrogant impression of him based on how he acts when it could be embarrassment.

That being said I don’t recall seeing many interviews with him at all, makes you wonder if the Everton media team know he isn’t a likeable person...

I think once he did a big interview stating he will never make mistakes like Allison, the club probably realised how thick and arrogant he is. PR disaster.

Very good points. In all honesty I think it's pretty evident that he isn't a very bright guy, so putting him out in public might leave him open to all sorts. DCL, for example, is a few years younger and speaks superbly in front of the cameras. Even Rodwell at 17 could speak like a seasoned pro to the journalists. But England's number one would be an embarrassment if he were to be wheeled out for an interview.

Olsen couldn't find his arse with both hands.

We needed a proper GK to come in not another Lossl which we got.

Should have been one of the priorities of the summer not last minute fumbling around for Romero.

Nah it wasn't a priority was it.

Had to strengthen in other areas first. Replacing Picko is round 2 of transfers, not round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.