2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d say the fact that a Premier League team has him as their number 1 and his country do too is a bit of a giveaway clue. You might not rate him, you might think he’s an ass....but to be at the level he is means factually he is a capable player.

Lowest save % in the league since the start of the last season, now that Kepa is gone
Highest errors leading to goals
Can't deal with crosses
Mentally a disaster

Capable - he is in his backside

Never in the field of human conflict has one player received so much online abuse for so long from his own club's fans. It must be a record, but no way of knowing I suppose.

There is no excuse for people "@'ing" him with their online abuse, but there is a massive difference between abuse & being honest about him in discussion such as on GOT - he is an awful keeper and people need to accept that.

Never in the field of human conflict has one player received so much online abuse for so long from his own club's fans. It must be a record, but no way of knowing I suppose.
It is extremely difficult yet to back him when he smiles and acts the fool after making a mistake. In the same way if a midfielder started laughing and joking after giving away the ball. He didnt just do this once which can be forgiven. It's nearly a weekly occurrence and not acceptable for a player who is wearing the everton Jersey.

Not sure it's abuse tbf. Myself I criticise him because I don't think he is a very good keeper thought when we signed him he was too small but he had a decent first season. Since then he has gone backwards. Makes too many mistakes, dosnt command his box, a liability at crosses,. Loses concentration. For me that's not abuse that's just criticism.

Not sure it's abuse tbf. Myself I criticise him because I don't think he is a very good keeper thought when we signed him he was too small but he had a decent first season. Since then he has gone backwards. Makes too many mistakes, dosnt command his box, a liability at crosses,. Loses concentration. For me that's not abuse that's just criticism.
His confidence levels are shot - one good game v Spurs....... He can't command his area end off get rid if his confidence doest not come back ......

It is extremely difficult yet to back him when he smiles and acts the fool after making a mistake. In the same way if a midfielder started laughing and joking after giving away the ball. He didnt just do this once which can be forgiven. It's nearly a weekly occurrence and not acceptable for a player who is wearing the everton Jersey.
Don’t worry pal, he must be in the last chance saloon with Carlo, Olsen is on stand by.

Ibet the same "experts" were giving the same stick to dcl last year
I would suggest that both DCL and Pickford have good natural attributes to be able to be top players in their field which was always clear even when both were being hammered.

DCL strong, fast, athletic, tall
Pickford shows with his quality of shot stopping he’s athletic, flexible etc. and also has the ability to play a bit with his feet

The difference is that Dom is a relaxed character, the kind who is quiet but very hard working and dedicated to bettering himself. He had a weakness, which was he didn’t put the ball in the net and he’s worked on it and Ancelotti has built the team around him getting on the end of chances.
Pickford’s problem is that he’s erratic and doesn’t concentrate for 90 minutes. I have seen no indication of this changing. He might just not have the personality or mentality to be a top class keeper? He’s gonna get beaten sometimes and we accept that (for example the goals against West Brom were top strikes) but the mistakes this season already against Brighton and Fleetwood were embarrassing and we just can’t have that from our number one

Status
Not open for further replies.