2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both of them are lame as hell. Pickford definitely had a decent Euro, but we can't have a goalkeeper like him if we wanna get to the Champions League.
He should have left this club a couple of seasons back.

We have a few weeks of the window left yet, and I'm hoping he leaves this summer.

Olsen replaced him last season.
He was not much of an improvement on Pickford at his worst. He didn't even get a look in once Pickford improved.
What was the average points won under Olsen versus Pickford?
Actually it was 1.61 per game compared to Olsens 1.28. Pickford also had better stats on clean sheets, saves made, goals conceded and distribution. That includes the Man City debacle last game of the season when Pickford was the only Everton player that turned up.

Bear in mind that Olsen only had Man Utd away in his 7 Premier games that I would call a difficult fixture. And we know that up until January Pickford was a liability. If Pickford was still playing to that level I honestly don't think you'd have a single argument in here Dave. But he sought medical help for his problems and the turnaround in his game has been massive.

Pickford isn't and will never be an elite keeper like Nev, or indeed like Donnarumma will likely become. But the current version is acceptable for a club with our ambitions. He is an International, Champions league and Premier League level keeper, and there aren't many of those available to replace him if we decided to sell.

This needing to play for a Man city type team to maintain his concentration levels is just made up nonsense and whataboutery. lol

He was not much of an improvement on Pickford at his worst. He didn't even get a look in once Pickford improved.

Actually it was 1.61 per game compared to Olsens 1.28. Pickford also had better stats on clean sheets, saves made, goals conceded and distribution. That includes the Man City debacle last game of the season when Pickford was the only Everton player that turned up.

Bear in mind that Olsen only had Man Utd away in his 7 Premier games that I would call a difficult fixture. And we know that up until January Pickford was a liability. If Pickford was still playing to that level I honestly don't think you'd have a single argument in here Dave. But he sought medical help for his problems and the turnaround in his game has been massive.

Pickford isn't and will never be an elite keeper like Nev, or indeed like Donnarumma will likely become. But the current version is acceptable for a club with our ambitions. He is an International, Champions league and Premier League level keeper, and there aren't many of those available to replace him if we decided to sell.

This needing to play for a Man city type team to maintain his concentration levels is just made up nonsense and whataboutery. lol
He'll never be a good for Everton. The Euros have given him a reputation we know is fake here at this club.

Hes had good tournaments before, just to come back to Everton and be our worst player week in and week out. Why are so many expecting different results this time around?
because the last few months of the season it was visibly noticeable the change in his demeanour, he was concentrating and not losing his mind constantly and with it came calmer performances. That was put down to a sports psychologist and therefore I'd like to see if he continues the form.

because the last few months of the season it was visibly noticeable the change in his demeanour, he was concentrating and not losing his mind constantly and with it came calmer performances. That was put down to a sports psychologist and therefore I'd like to see if he continues the form.
It might be put down to a sports psychologist. Or it could be down to the euros getting closer and there being paper talk about him losing his spot. Im hoping its the first option, but would not be the least bit surprised if its the second. Credit to him tho, he does seem to have grown up a lot the previus year.

He'll never be a good for Everton. The Euros have given him a reputation we know is fake here at this club.
Firstly, that's an opinion and certainly not a fact as I've pointed out to you before.

Secondly, I think we are using the royal "We" there Dave. Pun intended. You don't have the support for that statement that you would have had 6 months ago.

Thirdly, and most importantly, you still haven't com up with an acceptable answer to the question, who do we replace him with. Good keepers are very hard to come by. Chelsea still haven't replaced Courtois an they're rolling in it.

“The man with the Golden Glove”
Boss this.
Even has Sean and ‘his promise’ on it.
LOL.

211A4C88-2624-4309-B906-C400119CD382.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.