2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the Kult have taken great delight in Jordan's injury as have those who have been calling for Henderson and Pope to play for England despite the fact JP barely if ever puts a foot wrong at International level

I see the Kult have taken great delight in Jordan's injury as have those who have been calling for Henderson and Pope to play for England despite the fact JP barely if ever puts a foot wrong at International level

In the last day or two, both of Troy Deeney & Darren Bent have laid into an injured goalkeeper and backed Pope to be the #1. Bad media whoppers, at least Bent acknowledged that Pickford hasn’t let Southgate down

no point listening to Ancelotti's press conference then anymore. Last time he said Olsen and Pickford would be back for Palace. With the rumours on Pickford it doesnt look like. Olsen was on the bench for Sweden so should be back

In the last day or two, both of Troy Deeney & Darren Bent have laid into an injured goalkeeper and backed Pope to be the #1. Bad media whoppers, at least Bent acknowledged that Pickford hasn’t let Southgate down
I heard bent a few days ago saying he’d had a fantastic season. Now I don’t watch Burnley every week, but I’ve seen make a few mistakes coasting then goals. Same as Henderson. But it’s not a big story like Pickford.

Unfortunately the media have a big part to play in spreading the narrative. Like the reason Liverpool got 40mil for solanke & Brewster, because we were told they were top class youngsters just needing games.

And why Spurs are a big 6 club but haven’t won a major Trophy in over 30yrs and a title in 60. I have no doubt Pope will probably be sold for 40mil this summer while we’d probably struggle to get 20 for Pickford

Same thing happened before the World Cup. A whole host of media figures came out calling for Butland or Heaton. to be England number 1. There was a concerted effort to make sure it wasn’t Jordan. Considering Butland was playing for Stoke who got relegated it was very odd. The media have never ever liked Pickford as England number 1. They couldn’t wait to jump on him for his ‘mistake’ in the Belgium group game. He then arguably kept England in the tournament against Columbia and Sweden but that seems to have been forgotten about now.

Pickford is not a great keeper, but there is no case whatsoever for Pope or Henderson to replace him as both make numerous errors all the time. Manchester United’s Henderson should be England keeper will soon start to be the narrative that is pushed though if Pickford makes a single error between now and the end of the season.

I heard bent a few days ago saying he’d had a fantastic season. Now I don’t watch Burnley every week, but I’ve seen make a few mistakes coasting then goals. Same as Henderson. But it’s not a big story like Pickford.

Unfortunately the media have a big part to play in spreading the narrative. Like the reason Liverpool got 40mil for solanke & Brewster, because we were told they were top class youngsters just needing games.

And why Spurs are a big 6 club but haven’t won a major Trophy in over 30yrs and a title in 60. I have no doubt Pope will probably be sold for 40mil this summer while we’d probably struggle to get 20 for Pickford
If given a choice between Pope and Pickford I know who I'd choose and it wouldn't be JP.

If given a choice between Pope and Pickford I know who I'd choose and it wouldn't be JP.
It’s about opinions and I’m not a big fan of Pickford. And feel we need to upgrade in the GK position. But I wouldn’t want Pope if Burnley offered us a straight swap. Massively overrated

It’s about opinions and I’m not a big fan of Pickford. And feel we need to upgrade in the GK position. But I wouldn’t want Pope if Burnley offered us a straight swap. Massively overrated
He's not wonderful but he is better than JP. I'd just like a keeper that is calm and doesnt give his defenders heart attacks.

Might have something to do with the fact that we have a poor goals against record this season. Now that could be our CB (which everyone thinks are great) maybe they are actually not or maybe it's down to Pickford making too many mistakes. He has been prone to errors now for a while and i think most of us would sell if an offer came in. Half of the problem in this country is we overhype players so much, i mean i could go through the whole England team and would change half of it tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.