2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been one of his biggest critics but since Olsen has arrived I’ve seen less histrionics and more focus and maturity from him. He seems like if there is a mistake he is putting it into the past and just getting on with the game. That sports psychologist he is meant to be seeing has helped I think.
Goalkeeping as much as a centre forward is all about confidence. Goal scorers who are netting regularly, look like they’re not going to miss, likewise when their confidence is low, they wonder where their next goal is coming from. Likewise you only have to see what a couple of bad performances have done to Becker’s confidence. The best keeper of the last decade de Gea, is a shadow of himself and his confidence has suffered accordingly. Let’s hope the confidence taken from this victory and with the spotlight on him, we’ll see more consistent performances from Pickford moving forward.

Let’s hope so, I thought Robles had the makings of a good keeper but had the odd brain fart in him. I’ve been pretty scathing of Pickford in the past but I’m always willing to be open if a player changes his tact or even questions his performances. I think Pickford has reflected and could come back stronger and I’m all for that if he becomes a better player and team mate for it.

Like the mistake 3 years ago was a turning point for his Everton career where his performances have stalled and even regressed, let's hope tonight he laid some ghosts to rest and has turned a corner.

He was my motm tonight, done everything asked of him and nothing stupid, no brain fart moments and made a couple of terrific saves.

He needs to play like that EVERY match from here on in until the end of the season

Today could be the making of the lad. Think back 2 years ago and that horror gift to origi in the last minute, frankly he’s never recovered. But today of all days, with the spotlight on him and VVD sat in the stands, he gave a faultless display. He’s had to put up with a media witch-hunt and disgusting threats online, because of a poor error of judgement. However not only his saves (the one from Henderson was world class) but he was calmness personified throughout the game. Caught every cross that came his way. I still think he lacks concentration and fails to command his area at times. But today not only has he regained the confidence of some of the supporters, I dare say he’s regained the confidence of the defence.

Definitely feels like a turning point...hope so

Through the leagues on loan then doing well with England youth and Sunderland.

Joins Everton and becomes England 1st choice and wins POTY award

Drops a clanger against the RS and nerves shot and downhill since.

2020/21 season : Destroys the league champions title challenge + puts in a world class performance in the return fixture.

If hes able to keep that level for the rest of the season then we dont need to replace him and we'll probably get top 4.

I do a lot of coaching kids to be GK and the thing I tell them to judge their own games by is number of mistakes they make, keep it as low as possible. For me, that was a mistake-free performance. Throw in some top drawer saves and thats why I voted him motm.
Sniff it klopp

I’ve been one of his biggest critics but since Olsen has arrived I’ve seen less histrionics and more focus and maturity from him. He seems like if there is a mistake he is putting it into the past and just getting on with the game. That sports psychologist he is meant to be seeing has helped I think.
I agree, and also Carlo can take a lot of credit for the tactful way his dodgy form has been managed.....

solid game. Chance for him to
Get over his demons and build on it. Make the best of his career and kick on.
In before he throws one in the net against Southampton.

That screw up versus LFC was the start of Pickford’s missteps and mistakes. Maybe this quality, MOM outing against the same bunch will up his confidence, and he can be Everton’s and England’s undisputed #1 again.

Status
Not open for further replies.