2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they? I am not sure they do. Karius is also very poor, he may just be worse than Pickford. All are much of a muchness mind.

They certainly did, the 7-2 might push Adrian below. I did a good dig a while back and of anyone who had played 10+ games in the PL, with the exception of kepa (now gone) Pickford had the lowest save % and the highest errors over two years up to this season & frankly he is only getting worse.

The fact that we are having a discussion about him V Adrian V Karius, underpins how poor he is though. Personally, I would swap either for him.

They certainly did, the 7-2 might push Adrian below. I did a good dig a while back and of anyone who had played 10+ games in the PL, with the exception of kepa (now gone) Pickford had the lowest save % and the highest errors over two years up to this season & frankly he is only getting worse.

The fact that we are having a discussion about him V Adrian V Karius, underpins how poor he is though. Personally, I would swap either for him.

Has he really got a lower save % that Adrian? I've seen some data from this season and Adrian is the worst?

Karius is currently playing 2nd fiddle to the goalkeeper at Union of Berlin, who have a 34 year lad who's Stekelenberg level. I don't think either Adrian of Karius get a game for our reserves over Virginnia to be honest.

Has he really got a lower save % that Adrian? I've seen some data from this season and Adrian is the worst?

Karius is currently playing 2nd fiddle to the goalkeeper at Union of Berlin, who have a 34 year lad who's Stekelenberg level. I don't think either Adrian of Karius get a game for our reserves over Virginnia to be honest.

Havent gone through this season mate; numbers I looked at where from last two he was definitely ahead. 8 games (less for Adrian) probably not a fair sample size.

Why, he was only at fault for one of the goals was he? Adrian is better than Pickford.

Why, he was only at fault for one of the goals was he? Adrian is better than Pickford.

No he wasnt; my point is if you are trying to compare stats, shifting 7 in one game, from not many more stats is going to impact that data, hence a small sample size not really telling you anything.

I would agree he is well ahead of pickford overall.

This season Adrian is worse, but thats a pool of two games, one in which he shipped 7. But overall for PL or last season, or last two he has been consistentenly better than Pickford.

Last year (11 games) 0.64 Vs Pickford @ .62; bearing in mind he (adrian) was dreadul last year.

This season Adrian is worse, but thats a pool of two games, one in which he shipped 7. But overall for PL or last season, or last two he has been consistentenly better than Pickford.

Last year (11 games) 0.64 Vs Pickford @ .62; bearing in mind he (adrian) was dreadul last year.

I think if you factor in this seasons data, Adrian is worse. But it's pretty close. The point might be, Pickford could be a lot better, he does certain things very well, he's just very inconsistent. Adrian is just poor.

I think if you factor in this seasons data, Adrian is worse. But it's pretty close. The point might be, Pickford could be a lot better, he does certain things very well, he's just very inconsistent. Adrian is just poor.
Adrian is one of the better keepers at catching crosses which is a bonus that Pickford isn't giving us. I wouldn't want either but on current form I'd have Adrian.

In the event Carlo belatedly gives Olsen a run of successive games, my view is that the Pickford yips are so mentally ingrained in the teams muscle memory, it will take a few games to see improvement by way of clean sheets.
When this change in selection inevitably comes, we will need to be patient but it will pay dividends.

I think that there would have been a market for him last summer, but he'll end up on the loan-with-zero-intention-of-buying carousel now.

I would have liked Martinez from Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.