2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’re poking karma with a massive stick here for me.

As if that lot don’t leave a foot in (Robertson regularly) or throw the odd elbow (Mane got away with a blatant one only the other week ffs) or go in over the top of the ball occasionally, whether deliberate or accidental. So you can virtually guarantee there’ll be an incident with one of theirs very shortly, let’s see how they react to that - as if we didn’t already know.....

Plus the crying about the injury itself, when serious injuries of that nature have badly affected most clubs I can think of, on a semi regular basis, but they’ve had a run of seemingly years with the one player getting majorly crocked was the largely bit part, Oxlade Chamberlain. Again, they’re tempting fate for me, I’d not be in the slightest bit surprised if they lost someone else to either a completely innocuous challenge or a Jags type moment in the none too distant.

I'm not sure what making a statement at this point is going to do. The game is over. They are annoyed one of their players is seriously injured and if we had a pivotal player ruled out because of some act of thoughtlessness I would be angry too. That being said there's nothing we can do about it now, nor are we to blame because VAR had a nightmare during this game. Pickford was hotheaded again, but got lucky twice with two offsides saving his bacon from 2 serious mistakes.

I think some of the tackles were unusually quite aggressive for this game, which did honestly surprise me when there was no crowd present for it. Derbies recently have been pretty uncombative affairs with red cards rare. I just hope we learn our lessons from this.

They’re poking karma with a massive stick here for me.

As if that lot don’t leave a foot in (Robertson regularly) or throw the odd elbow (Mane got away with a blatant one only the other week ffs) or go in over the top of the ball occasionally, whether deliberate or accidental. So you can virtually guarantee there’ll be an incident with one of theirs very shortly, let’s see how they react to that - as if we didn’t already know.....

Plus the crying about the injury itself, when serious injuries of that nature have badly affected most clubs I can think of, on a semi regular basis, but they’ve had a run of seemingly years with the one player getting majorly crocked was the largely bit part, Oxlade Chamberlain. Again, they’re tempting fate for me, I’d not be in the slightest bit surprised if they lost someone else to either a completely innocuous challenge or a Jags type moment in the none too distant.

They cried for a LOOONNG time about the Ramos to Salah injury in the CL final when Salah was the one that hooked Ramos' arm.

They whine and cry and stay on it. That's just who they are.

They cried for a LOOONNG time about the Ramos to Salah injury in the CL final when Salah was the one that hooked Ramos' arm.

Thing is i can understand their fans reactions a little (although petitions and love letters to Van Dijk baffle me) its the reaction of the media and their players etc., grown men who have played the game and understand how these things can happen, journalists who have watched enough games and seen enough of these types of injuries to understand its not malicious its just part of the 'dangers' that can happen to a player during a game. The outcry, if i hadn't seen the incident for myself, i honestly would have thought Pickford knee capped him with some kind of weapon. Its absolutely ridiculous how far over the top these guys are going and totally irresponsible. A lot of these going crazy are ex professionals who are hanging out to dry a fellow professional in the same industry.

I don't ever want to see another player get seriously injured but it happens, why is VVD so different to everybody else that he needs all these extra people blowing smoke up his arse and saying how disgraceful it was???? If we were playing Brighton for example and it was Lewis Dunk, would there be this media freak show, i doubt it very much. Fans of any other club other than Liverpool, United or Man City should boycott Sky, BT and most other sports outlets as they are so partisan towards these three it is embarrassing and frankly pathetic to watch.

I agree with most things said on this page. I am no lover of Pickford by any means, in fact if you check back
on my first posts about him, you will see that I ridiculed him within a fortnight of signing him and I still believe
that he is a waste of space. Pickford Has never in my opinion committed a bad foul whilst playing for us, in
fact he is more of a 'scardie cat'. These clowns on tv and newspapers that are still slating him should cease
immediately and apologise for going too far.

Don’t think the club have handled this very well to be honest. I think Pickford should have publicly ‘apologised’ or at least acknowledged it, and the club should have put some of their own PR out to spin whatever angle they want. Just sitting back while this circus rolls on isn’t great I don’t think.

I thought that at first but then I think Everton making any sort of statement only stokes the flames tbh. It’s been 5 days now and they’re still going on about it. It’s pure desperation from the media and all of their bias is on display for the country to see. My response as Everton would be to keep a note of all those in the media who have carried this witch hunt on and created the accusations and just point blank ban them from any interaction with any of our players/managers press conferences etc....

I'm not sure what making a statement at this point is going to do. The game is over. They are annoyed one of their players is seriously injured and if we had a pivotal player ruled out because of some act of thoughtlessness I would be angry too. That being said there's nothing we can do about it now, nor are we to blame because VAR had a nightmare during this game. Pickford was hotheaded again, but got lucky twice with two offsides saving his bacon from 2 serious mistakes.

I think some of the tackles were unusually quite aggressive for this game, which did honestly surprise me when there was no crowd present for it. Derbies recently have been pretty uncombative affairs with red cards rare. I just hope we learn our lessons from this.

Hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Biggest set of cry-arses in world football mate. The club and its fans.

When stuff happens to other clubs they’re first to mock and be all “hahaha lad yer heads fell off *10 laughing emojis”.

As soon stuff doesn’t go their way, or happens to them, you see the petulant childlike behaviour come flooding out.

Klopp personifies them imho.

Don’t think the club have handled this very well to be honest. I think Pickford should have publicly ‘apologised’ or at least acknowledged it, and the club should have put some of their own PR out to spin whatever angle they want. Just sitting back while this circus rolls on isn’t great I don’t think.
It would be like urinating in the sea at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.