2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
And in the biggest game of the season so far, the derby, it was Pickford who bailed his teammates out.

Have to disagree mistakes from him are because he's looking for attention mate.

Think that's a bonkers shout to be honest.

Do I expect him to fly out to make himself as big as he could to a man left free? Too right. Peter Schmeichel would do it every other week.

View attachment 105056

It's unfortunate. As is Van Dijk being left unmarked at the back post.

On another day Van Dijk could do Pickford's knee ligaments. On another day neither are injured. On another day, someone might be arsed to actually stay with and pickup Van Dijk at the back post.

It is remarkable, fans like you pilling on him and him alone, ignoring the good game he had and instead preferring to revert back to every mistake you can think of.

Pickford has a MOTM performance, and you're pulling him up on ifs, buts and maybes.

Blinkered.

Not ifs, buts and maybes, though, is it? We're recalling lots of horrendous clangers and seeing the last couple - albeit they mercifully went unpunished - as the last straw; and we're probably doing so more so than perhaps we otherwise would because we have now signed what we hope is a viable alternative.

Doing a couple of good things in a game doesn't make a good game, IMO, and it's sound that a lot of people voted for him as MOTM but that doesn't alter the fact he is at the moment, at best, a bang average keeper.

offisde is irrelevant for dangerous play.

He should have gone.
9/10 keepers do the exact same in that scenario.

He’d have been sent off if the challenge wasn’t offside for clattering the player, but it wasn’t violent conduct, or dangerous play. Just a genuine attempt at making a block, and a coming together of players.

They don’t have a leg to stand on regarding a retrospective ban.

And in the biggest game of the season so far, the derby, it was Pickford who bailed his teammates out.

Have to disagree mistakes from him are because he's looking for attention mate.

Think that's a bonkers shout to be honest.

Do I expect him to fly out to make himself as big as he could to a man left free? Too right. Peter Schmeichel would do it every other week.

View attachment 105056

It's unfortunate. As is Van Dijk being left unmarked at the back post.

On another day Van Dijk could do Pickford's knee ligaments. On another day neither are injured. On another day, someone might be arsed to actually stay with and pickup Van Dijk at the back post.

It is remarkable, fans like you pilling on him and him alone, ignoring the good game he had and instead preferring to revert back to every mistake you can think of.

Pickford has a MOTM performance, and you're pulling him up on ifs, buts and maybes.

Blinkered.

Very true, his save from TAA’s free kick was unreal as well

Clumsy challenge I'll admit, and its never good to cause an injury. Look at the photos though, Pickford is out to challenge for the ball as is his right. He's at speed, he's spreading himself as keepers are supposed to do and his eyes are on the ball. Vvd stretches into the path to get to the ball. Total accident. I don’t get the fume.

What do you reckon the rs will be more apoplectic with rage about:

1) Pickford doesn't get a retrospective ban
2) VAR said it didn't cross the threshold for a red card..

I feel a poll coming on lol

So the ref didn’t think it was a red card.

VAR didn’t think it’s a red card.

And no retrospective action as they don’t think it’s a red card.

Think we can move on now.

He definitely tried to win a pen by standing still and letting Pickford clatter into him.

Gotta love the impartial Beeb... Pickford "escapes" punishment on this one, apparently, and on the FA's criteria for looking at such incidents, they seethe that: "Evidently, these circumstances do not apply on this occasion" lol

Anyway, I pressed F to pay respects to VVD, so hopefully they're a bit less tense about all this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.