2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to question why on earth Southgate is persisting with him. What an awful sign he's sending to the likes of Pope and Henderson, both of whom were miles, miles better than this dork last season

Southgate last wednesday
Either of Nick Pope or Dean Henderson will start between the sticks as the Three Lions welcome Wales to Wembley for a friendly, before Nations League matches against Belgium and Denmark in the following days.
And Southgate, speaking ahead of Thursday's game, discussed the form of all three of his goalkeepers including Pickford- who has come under fire for some high-profile Everton mistakes this season.
The England boss said: "I think we've got to be careful about using the three camps left in terms of where should we be as a team and in our thinking. We had no games for ten months so we've had to start again really in terms of momentum.

Clearly we know that Jordan has made errors. Nick actually made errors at the weekend and Dean has only played the League Cup game so far against changed line-ups
We will make a change tomorrow, because I think it's a good opportunity to get other people on the field.
I always go back to the fact Jordan's performances with us have been excellent, I'm not oblivious to what's happened to him at Everton but there can be lots of factors within individuals' performances at clubs

I must have just missed it? I saw it as a standard coming together. Pickford didn’t directly give it away but bloody hell he didn’t make it any easier for Walker
It was soft but you can see what it was given for, Pickford or Walker not exactly covering themselves in glory, no surprise there.

Why was Pickford out there, he didn't have to be, he shouldn't have been, it created unnecessary panic leading to a penalty award, whether you think it was a penalty or not is neither here nor there.

It's a basic goalkeeping positional error.

But the end result was Pickford had the ball and it wasn't a penalty,so if the ref wasn't a tool then k don't think it's any issue

Yeah, the Olsen loan is the last warning that he'll be gone if things don't improve.

Can't stand the guy personally but we've invested a lot of money into him, he's still young and has shown glimpses of being a great keeper for us and England in the past.

Hopefully it'll be the kick up the @rse he needs.
How many times shall we give him the last chance then?

Believe me, he'll be gone in the summer.

Seen that sort of decision making plenty for us, he just causes utter panic. If you’re coming out you’ve got to clean everyone out and take the ball. Walker had that until control under Pickford got the rave on and came steaming out only to poo himself at the vital moment. Genuinely hope carlo has the buffoon replaced in the summer.

Wasn’t a penalty, but he was so far off claiming that it’s not funny.

He wants to make a statement to build his confidence in every match, be it dragging the ball across his goal line while under pressure or coming for a catch he has no chance of making.

His mental approach is so wrong. I don’t know if it’s fixable.

Status
Not open for further replies.