2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name me one manager in the Prem who would have the slightest inkling of wanting Pickford. I doubt if any in the Championship would.

Name me one TV analyst that has suggested he is good enough for the Prem/England team in recent months?

He is regarded as a laughing stock around the countries fans, including the vast majority of Evertonians and Sunderland fans.
That is so incorrect and untrue it just isn't worth debating.

Oh OK. I wish he was a West Ham fan because I think the worse of his opinion now he is "revealed" as an Everton fan. I know, he is bored and wants to stir debate by posting stupid things. He has got his reaction so shut the door.

I think Ancelloti will have had a few sleepless nights over lockdown thinking of how to get rid of Pickford.
He hasn’t spent his career being a winner on the pitch and as a manager to undulge in a player who concedes goals so easily to opposition.
I would say there is less than 5% chance he is our keeper this time next year.

He might play better behind closed doors without that cluster of berks about 8 rows behind him in the GS.

I think Ancelloti will have had a few sleepless nights over lockdown thinking of how to get rid of Pickford.
He hasn’t spent his career being a winner on the pitch and as a manager to undulge in a player who concedes goals so easily to opposition.

Give me one example of Ancelotti ‘getting rid’ of any player

We have placed ourselves in really difficult situations with our players on the basis that we need to pay them loads or someone else might come and bid for them.

McCarthy and Mirallas were given bumper pay packets because Spurs were rumoured to be interested. Garbutt was given a ridiculous contract due to the fear that he may get better elsewhere. Pickford is now on 90k a week to fend off non-existent interest in him.

If a player is doing well and attracting interest from other clubs, then we should actually wait for a bid from them before we start offering the world to fend off non-existent bids.

Putting Pickford on 90k a week is going to prove a major headache. Mainly because we will be stuck with him for years to come, but also because I think he would throw his dummy out and become very petulant should he be benched in favour of a far cheaper and much less dodgy superior goalkeeper.

Hopefully he sorts himself out next season - had covid never happened I would have hoped he would have had a stormer in the euros and someone like Chelsea took him off our hands.

We have placed ourselves in really difficult situations with our players on the basis that we need to pay them loads or someone else might come and bid for them.

McCarthy and Mirallas were given bumper pay packets because Spurs were rumoured to be interested. Garbutt was given a ridiculous contract due to the fear that he may get better elsewhere. Pickford is now on 90k a week to fend off non-existent interest in him.

If a player is doing well and attracting interest from other clubs, then we should actually wait for a bid from them before we start offering the world to fend off non-existent bids.

Putting Pickford on 90k a week is going to prove a major headache. Mainly because we will be stuck with him for years to come, but also because I think he would throw his dummy out and become very petulant should he be benched in favour of a far cheaper and much less dodgy superior goalkeeper.

Where do people get this wild ass speculation from? He doesn’t come off as the sort to sulk about not playing, especially considering he has been rested a few times by England the past couple of years

Where do people get this wild ass speculation from? He doesn’t come off as the sort to sulk about not playing, especially considering he has been rested a few times by England the past couple of years

Observation. He comes across as arrogant and immature imo. Of course this is only my opinion, and it is indeed speculation.

I'm shocked Pickford is only on 90k mate. That seems quite low for a premier League player.

Just can’t see it. Pickford will be our goalkeeper for the foreseeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.