2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of times yesterday he had Deeney running towards him and either went to ground to collect or jumped with his eye on the ball.

You could say it's the minimum requirement, but a fair few other keepers would be quaking in case Deeney stuck one on them. Pickford stayed composed.

I think he everything in his locker to become the best in this league. With improvements to his decision making and being more mature on the pitch the only 1 thing I want him to improve mostly when he goes for these long kicks over the top when we have been under pressure and it 9/10 goes out or straight back to the other team he has ability to do that but use it at the right time better game management

...I think I probably share @davek view about Pickford, in that I don’t fully trust him. Too many calamity incidents for Everton and England in the last season means i’m genuinely nervous of him. Saying that, he’s a terrific shotstopper who has been outstanding so far.

I notice Silva using the word ‘maturity’ about him, which suggests he feels the same as me about him becoming more ‘grown up’ and consistent in his decision making.

Decent keeper, but still some way to go for me.

Pickford is Way better than some like to give credit for as far as i am concerned,no where near as bad as some like to make out as well,but anyway i am happy with him,some just see mistakes that are not there or look for the smallest things possible,yes he will make the odd error but some other keepers make way more,and i mean way more, and nothing is said, but as ever its a forum and everyone has there own thoughts lol

Butland dropping two howlers for Stoke in the championship. Heaton leaking goals playing for newly promoted Villa. Hart on the bench at Burnley. Pope now first choice there.

Meanwhile Pickford is England’s number 1, undisputed first choice for a top 8 team, 10 clean sheets in 13 and probably the most in form keeper in the league.

None of my business though. Wouldn’t want to look back at some of the overreactions on here to Southgate picking him ahead of all those so called better keepers at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.