2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can't ever overlook "that" incident, but he has won us points in these two games so happy in turn to give credit when due. If he keeps that up, then great.

He's maturing isn't he. Would like him to claim more of them crosses that are whipped across our 6 yard box though.

nd
....the next calamity could be just around the corner, so a bit early to gain my full trust but he’s been terrific so far.
But he is a keeper, there is always a calamity around the corner. What matters is the saves that are needed week in, week out, which he has produced more or less from day 1

We are lucky to have him

But he is a keeper, there is always a calamity around the corner. What matters is the saves that are needed week in, week out, which he has produced more or less from day 1

We are lucky to have him

...I don’t think that necessarily the case. Calamities are few and far between for the best keepers, Newcastle and Anfield last season.

He’s a fantastic shot stopper, no doubt about that, but it will take a prolonged ‘calamity-free’ period before i totally trust him. He’s undoubtably helped us to 4 points this season, but he still makes me nervous.

...I don’t think that necessarily the case. Calamities are few and far between for the best keepers, Newcastle and Anfield last season.

He’s a fantastic shot stopper, no doubt about that, but it will take a prolonged ‘calamity-free’ period before i totally trust him. He’s undoubtably helped us to 4 points this season, but he still makes me nervous.

De gea is the same at least per season, so was plenty of other top keepers. Of course the absolute legends of the game had fewer but they were still there.

But you take the net result of:

2 calamities
+ saves that are crucial at the right time and win us points

He is definitely very very much in the positive numbers there by a long way

There are plenty of other keepers that almost every match let shots under the body, wrong positioning leading to a goal etc that don't stick out because they are not so dramatic.... But they are calamities too!

Not saying he is perfect, but definitely one of the very best in the league and that's an important foundation for any team

Status
Not open for further replies.