2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I answer, I nearly died laughing at stamullensblue asking me if I was serious? Perhaps he is American or something with no sense of humour? Now for Karius who I have little or no memory of, which is because I think he played for our friends over the park (?) and I never watch or read about them. My guess is he must have been utter crap or you would not have asked. It will be interesting to see if Carlo will give Picko more slack following his recent warning. I mean he knows more than we do so if Picky gets another chance to redeem himself, then OK go with it.

Here's me thinking you would know a Liverpool goalkeeper.

Ok are you serious ?

Why do you say Picko is so popular ?

Do you not understand why fans want him gone ?

Still watching you :bye:

Dear me, you seem to be in the same boat as stamullensblue, i.e. an inability to detect sarcasm when you see it. I can't help you if that is the case.

If Ancelotti has any kind of relationship intact at Munich he should be asking to take Nubel on loan for the season, promise him 1st team football and sell Pickford for anything close to £20m.

Before I answer, I nearly died laughing at stamullensblue asking me if I was serious? Perhaps he is American or something with no sense of humour? Now for Karius who I have little or no memory of, which is because I think he played for our friends over the park (?) and I never watch or read about them. My guess is he must have been utter crap or you would not have asked. It will be interesting to see if Carlo will give Picko more slack following his recent warning. I mean he knows more than we do so if Picky gets another chance to redeem himself, then OK go with it.
My only answer to your silly reply is they are not our friends across the park . We don’t like them ! Everyone on here knows who Karius is because we would of been delighted with his performances ... enough said !

You come across as a bit of a plank. Did you ever get bullied at school for taking words literally and failing to latch on to the subtler side of discourse? I just asked two of "our friends across the park" and they tell me they do not rate Karius at all. You obviously differ with them.

unfortunately, he is worth too much to drop and not worth enough to sell. we're stuck with him, so let's hope he knuckles down, drops the ego and learns from hart's downfall.

Is the goalkeepng coach still alan kelly? As that has to be an absolute must with him now. Pickford has some ability. But his twitchy side lets him down. You can be to hyper as a keeper. Joe hart was the same. Even at times when you get the ball just hold it and calm down. I used to watch hart and when he got the ball he used to look to get rid of it like it was a ticking grenade in his hands. Calm the fck down. Pickford is so similar.
Got to question the coaching possibly i dont know.

You come across as a bit of a plank. Did you ever get bullied at school for taking words literally and failing to latch on to the subtler side of discourse? I just asked two of "our friends across the park" and they tell me they do not rate Karius at all. You obviously differ with them.

Last edited:
On balance, I'd go with 'differ from'. Soz.

Lets hope we bring in Gabriel, a right back and Allan to give Pickford more protection.

With a strong defence in front of him he may get back on track. Theres been alot of top sides who had keepers like Pickford ihe past and masked his faults through having solid defences.

Hopefully its one step back and 2 steps forward.

Cant see him going anywhere yet.

Lets hope we bring in Gabriel, a right back and Allan to give Pickford more protection.

With a strong defence in front of him he may get back on track. Theres been alot of top sides who had keepers like Pickford ihe past and masked his faults through having solid defences.

Hopefully its one step back and 2 steps forward.

Cant see him going anywhere yet.
Why don’t we just sign a keeper who has less faults that need masking? He’s trash and has been for 2 straight seasons. Unacceptable.

Sorry but one thing that any footballer isn't is worth too much to drop. Unfortunately we have no one who can be even an average keeper to take his place. If we got someone half decent he'd be dropped immediately.

I agree to an extent, but by dropping him and taking the same stance as city did with hart, we'd be running the risk of having him on the bench and paying his wages until his contract expires. At this moment in time, he is still potentially a valuable asset. He clearly has the ability, but we just need someone to reel his ego in and concentrate on improving his deficiencies. Unless we can find a buyer now...

Is the goalkeepng coach still alan kelly? As that has to be an absolute must with him now. Pickford has some ability. But his twitchy side lets him down. You can be to hyper as a keeper. Joe hart was the same. Even at times when you get the ball just hold it and calm down. I used to watch hart and when he got the ball he used to look to get rid of it like it was a ticking grenade in his hands. Calm the fck down. Pickford is so similar.
Got to question the coaching possibly i dont know.

There are just two things he needs to learn...

1) Catch the Ball

2) Keep hold and Don‘t drop the Ball

If he ever masters those two amazingly difficult concepts he’ll be a decent keeper......

Status
Not open for further replies.