2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newcastle and west ham lol. That's 2 straight away. They arent top teams. Similiar to us.They are definitely in our category for paying crazy money for throw aways.
I think someone like chelsea would consider him as they can rotate keepers and I could see them spend 25 mill and bench him.
I'd rather have Dubravka ( sp) or Fabianski any day of the week.
Chelsea wont touch him with a barge pole.

I have heard the argument that we have more pressing areas of the pitch that need addressing before we look at a keeper
total rubbish, this for me is the starting point of our rebuild.
This fella is a complete liability

I really really don't like Pickford but one on one's he's usually pretty good for a great save. That's not to say he may not mess it up. It's like that 3rd goal today, when he has time to think or....just be an average keeper, THAT'S when he messes up.

The worst thing he can do in games is make a good save early doors, because then that means he thinks he's done his job and is amazing. That's how his limited brain works.

That's the precise moment you know there's a massive mistake on the way. You can smell it in the air like a hangover fart.

I'd happily have a 7/10 goalkeeper who might not pull off the wordies, but wont drop any clangers like Pickford week in, week out. At least it would give the guys in front if him some confidence, instead of having one eye on him when the ball gets put in the area.

Doesn’t he have the single worst shots to saves ratio in the league? He is a terrible shot stopper.

For this season it's Kepa, Pope, Patricio, Krull all above him from what I've found.

And that's always a skewed stat. I'm sure Pope and Krull got peppered more times with shots than Kepa and Patricio.

I'm sure you've probably seen the other skewed stat along the lines of "Since 2014 combined, no keeper has let more goals in than blah blah blah".

I'd rather have Dubravka ( sp) or Fabianski any day of the week.
Chelsea wont touch him with a barge pole.

I agree. Chelsea are clearly only signing top players this summer if their business so far is anything to go by. They are infinitely more likely to go for a world class keeper like Oblak and spend £100m or whatever it takes to get him.

If Hull were still knocking around the Prem then that would be a perfect place to get rid of the idiot.

For this season it's Kepa, Pope, Patricio, Krull all above him.

And that's always a skewed stat. I'm sure Pope and Krull got peppered more times with shots than Kepa and Patricio.

I'm sure you've probably seen the other skewed stat along the lines of "Since 2014 combined, no keeper has let more goals in than blah blah blah".

Mate I'm sorry, but I'm watching pathetic shots squirm under him and harmless shots float past him that aren't even placed in the corner every week. A good shot stopper stops these easy shots. He is letting them in, ergo he is not good at stopping shots. He is a poor shot stopper.

Mate I'm sorry, but I'm watching pathetic shots squirm under him and harmless shots float past him that aren't even placed in the corner every week. A good shot stopper stops these poor shots. He is letting them in, ergo he is not good at stopping shots. He is a poor shot stopper.

I'm not trying to defend him. I did in the past but since the restart he's been shocking.

And it's down to interpretation for a shot stopper. I put it down to those one on ones, penalty box drives, where for the most part it's his strong point.

The shots squirming under him is his concentration and anticipation which has gone down hill

But his flaws are plain to see. Handling, corners, long ranges. He's now forgot he's got hands which is purely concentration.

Is he a shocking keeper? No. Is he good enough to be in a top side. I don't think so.

I'm not trying to defend him. I did in the past but since the restart he's been shocking.

And it's down to interpretation for a shot stopper. I put it down to those one on ones, penalty box drives, where for the most part it's his strong point.

The shots squirming under him is his concentration and anticipation which has gone down hill

But his flaws are plain to see. Handling, corners, long ranges. He's now forgot he's got hands which is purely concentration.

Is he a shocking keeper? No. Is he good enough to be in a top side. I don't think so.

I don’t think he’s good enough to play for a top half Premier League side and I doubt many bottom half teams would swap their keepers for him. He’d be the difference between a side like West Ham going down and staying up. If they had him instead of Fabianski this season they’d be gone.

I'd give him a generous 3 out of 10 for last season.

He's a goalkeeper who lets more in than he saves. I'm not sure how that's sustainable in any football team, never mind at the top level.

Status
Not open for further replies.