2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there an argument the defence are shaky playing in front of him. Or are they just all shaky regardless.
Either way 7 goals conceded on the last two trips to london says it all.
Any chance we can replace the lot of them please.

Is there an argument the defence are shaky playing in front of him. Or are they just all shaky regardless.
Either way 7 goals conceded on the last two trips to london says it all.
Any chance we can replace the lot of them please.

He is a key part of that shaky defence. Can’t be blamed against Chelsea though, the tactics were way off.

All keepers make mistakes, I think with Pickford we have someone who can be world class at times and a total liability at other times...

He needs to cut out the errors and then we'll have a truly top class keeper...

I suppose the question is whether you want someone whose world class or a disaster at 26 or someone who is good and consistent every game.

The midfield is a total disaster every game which puts a lot of pressure on our defence...i think in a top side Pickford would shine.

I think he gets away with it it more at the moment, as he makes a fair amount of saves
His problem is concentrating and the basics
I believe this would be more evident in a better side

If we want to progress we need a quality goal keeper

All keepers make mistakes, I think with Pickford we have someone who can be world class at times and a total liability at other times...

He needs to cut out the errors and then we'll have a truly top class keeper...

I suppose the question is whether you want someone whose world class or a disaster at 26 or someone who is good and consistent every game.

The midfield is a total disaster every game which puts a lot of pressure on our defence...i think in a top side Pickford would shine.
Has shown absolutely nothing that points to him being potentially world class, capable of a spectacular reflex save now and again but way to many flaws to his game, always has been always will be. Lives off being overhyped because he’s English

Pickford had a good game yesterday, in reality we were far more than 4 goals worse than Chelsea on the day and Pickford’s performance kept the score line semi respectable. Having said that I will also say that I am by no means convinced by Pickford, he thinks he is far better than he actually is, the truth of the matter is, he is a good keeper, who, with lots of work on the training ground, could become a very good keeper.

He, if he has the intelligence, should look at Joe Hart and think, ‘that could be me in a couple of years’. He has the same kind of ability Hart had, but, unfortunately, a similar attitude. He has far too big an ego.

Looking at the bench he had very few options. Formation maybe. But very little to work with
Just got beat by a better side.

I know what you mean about limited options. There was so much space between the lines though. A case for moving Holgate forward and bringing Mina on. Sig Bernard Richarlison and DCL is to attacking away at Chelsea. Admire Ancelotti’s bravery but we are just not good enough.

Pickford had a good game yesterday, in reality we were far more than 4 goals worse than Chelsea on the day and Pickford’s performance kept the score line semi respectable. Having said that I will also say that I am by no means convinced by Pickford, he thinks he is far better than he actually is, the truth of the matter is, he is a good keeper, who, with lots of work on the training ground, could become a very good keeper.

He, if he has the intelligence, should look at Joe Hart and think, ‘that could be me in a couple of years’. He has the same kind of ability Hart had, but, unfortunately, a similar attitude. He has far too big an ego.
Agree with most of this. But his ego is huge and definitely lacking in intelligence.
His positioning is awful at the moment and costing us a lot of goals. He parries shots back into the danger area. They must be working on him because in the last few games he has been coming off his line to claim crosses. So maybe they might iron our his positioning difficulties

Made some great saves yesterday he should of got to the first imo but apart from that cant blame him.It may help if the 4 defenders in front of him done their job.

Picky came out of the game with great credit particularly with the shambles in front of him. What goalie would want Sidibe, Digne and Keane in front of him? They are all terrible players. Picky was MOM by a country mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.