2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone blue who went to the Everton Legends at the Empire tonight will have heard from Southall who called Pickford;

"The Ross Barkley of Goalkeepers"

Instinctive he has potential which I think we all agree with but he has too much time to prepare for games which lets his mind wander which leads him trying to get involved in stuff he doesn't need to do.

Southall is SPOT ON and his final note was perfect.

"someone needs to sit him down and tell him stop being a t*t"

Wtf I literally called him this earlier today! Is Big Nev reading this forum?

He’s the Ross Barkley of goalkeepers for me.

All the talent and attributes to be a top level player, but lacking something between the ears.

And thats all we will do i think, get a decent number 2 to challenge him if one is around, not one to replace him
I agree, he can still improve, and young players have bad spells. If they come through them it makes them stronger and better players.
our money will be better spent elsewhere this summer, unless he loses all confidence.

Sutton & Wrighty sticking the boot in on BBC sport
I'm glad to be honest. He needs to improve his performances, hes generally been a bit of a liability for the last 12 months. Calling him out will at least put some pressure back onto him, I think he has been complacent of late. Little competition for the Everton shirt and he could have got away with that last year for England but no chance now with Pope and Henderson putting in solid performances. Hopefully he raises his game as hes a quality goalie on his day.

If we hadn't of jumped the gun giving him a contract extension as soon as the World cup was over he'd of prob been on his way this summer or the next at latest. Think we'll prob be stuck with him for another two seasons at least now.

3rd most expensive goalie in history when we signed him Lol.

I agree, he can still improve, and young players have bad spells. If they come through them it makes them stronger and better players.
our money will be better spent elsewhere this summer, unless he loses all confidence.

He's a shot stopper who, on his day, also plays with a lot of confidence that gives the impression of a commanding performance. His distribution also used to be very good.

Someone needs to help with his spacial awareness, beaten by the shot that hit the post early on. On corners he is at times all over the place. Young enough to adjust his game if his ego will allow.
Not sure it's about ego - comes across as hyper-defensive to me. Which suggests he's low on confidence about something. Or he just doesnt know how to take criticism constructively. He'd better learn quickly though as he's doing himself and his team no favours there.

Still young. Hope he pushes on, matures a bit and fulfils his potential.

I hope he proves all you guys and the critics right. 75% of you on here would rather see him fail and buy someone else rather than him improve and became a quality keeper for us. He has a big personality and most people don't like that, kinda same reason why people don't like grealish.
As for the Barkley comparisons shouldn't the coaches take abit of stuck seeing as they ain't the getting the best out of there players?

If you take aim at the media then you have to expect them to return fire. All he had to say was it was a mistake that I shouldn't have made and I'll be working hard on the training ground to make sure it doesn't happen again and the questions while still there wouldn't be half as bad.

Exactly, there's a reason why clever footballers give dull standard answers to questions, it's because it's nigh on impossible to generate a story from them. Jordan made himself a bigger target and helped to fuel much of the reaction. On the Football Weekly podcast they compared his comments to Phil Neville's 'everyone wants me to fail' when he took on the England Women's manager role.

Status
Not open for further replies.