2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

People need to get some perspective. He's the classiest goalkeeper we've had at Goodison in decades. He's still very young and will improve further under the right coaching. Most other squads would swap their GK with Pickford in an instant.
I'm not sure they would this season. His errors have led to more goals than any other keeper in the league this season.

People need to get some perspective. He's the classiest goalkeeper we've had at Goodison in decades. He's still very young and will improve further under the right coaching. Most other squads would swap their GK with Pickford in an instant.
Without wanting to be facetious, Southall played in the 80s and 90s, while Martyn played in the 2000s. That only leaves 2010-2019, so it's him versus Howard.

I'm certainly not in the camp that feel that Pickford is awful and you're right that he would walk into most teams, but it doesn't negate the genuine concerns.

he makes a save people come up with excuses why he saved it,its save he should make or the save he made is not good enough for them in their eyes, we conceed a goal and every goal is his fault no matter when he has no chance, or he does not stand were you want him or kick were you want it and your not happy lol,we will for me only sign a number 2-save he made yesterday if he didnt make it some of you would be moaning he should come out or be standing in a certain position

A fair assessment of yesterday is he cost us a goal with an awful blunder then made amends with that save off the benteke header. I’m not a fan of him for many, many reasons but yesterday he made up for his error and was generally on control of the majority of situations, which isn’t always the case.

I am sick of this place. A bunch of faggot mindreading bitches playing with people and chatting [Poor language removed]. Go [Poor language removed] yourselves. You're no loss to me. Just an irritant bunch of snidermen [Poor language removed] and a bunch of 'proper' evertonian [Poor language removed] and a bunch of [Poor language removed] who couldn't have any skill in their lives like davek. good luck being the shitness of the internet. pisstaking motherfucking [Poor language removed] . love the fact that some nobends will chat [Poor language removed] but I won't be watching your posts so go [Poor language removed] yourselves. DONE with the sick [Poor language removed] you are.

Show me on the doll where Pickford touched you

Without wanting to be facetious, Southall played in the 80s and 90s, while Martyn played in the 2000s. That only leaves 2010-2019, so it's him versus Howard.

I'm certainly not in the camp that feel that Pickford is awful and you're right that he would walk into most teams, but it doesn't negate the genuine concerns.

I agree he’s going though a less than stellar period, but then our whole squad has had serious question for most of the season and it would be silly to think a GK’s form is inseparable from that. We would be very shortsighted not to continue to back him.

A fair assessment of yesterday is he cost us a goal with an awful blunder then made amends with that save off the benteke header. I’m not a fan of him for many, many reasons but yesterday he made up for his error and was generally on control of the majority of situations, which isn’t always the case.
I think a fairer assessment is
He cost us a goal with an awful blunder
He was beaten at the near post by the shot that hit the post. Would have went in if on target
He came out for the ball and then somehow lost it nearly causing a penalty when zaha went down
He made a good save from the header which was point blank but near enough straight at him
Hes young and hopefully will improve but not seeing any improvement yet.
They are obviously telling him to command his area more as he is now coming off his line to catch crosses
Still concerning at corners that all teams put a man in front of him which basically takes him out the game

I think a fairer assessment is
He cost us a goal with an awful blunder
He was beaten at the near post by the shot that hit the post. Would have went in if on target
He came out for the ball and then somehow lost nearly causing a penalty when zaha went down
He made a good save from the header which was point blank but near enough straight at him
Hes young and hopefully will improve but not seeing any improvement yet.
They are not obviously telling him to command his area more as he is now coming off his line to catch crosses
Still concerning at corners that all teams put a man in front of him which basically takes him out the game
shot deflected onto the post dont forget that

Status
Not open for further replies.