2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Ancelotti isn't looking for a new keeper. I do have some reservations about Pickford, but what I'd really like to see is Carlo working with him to improve him. He has some impressive parts of his game and some not so good, if he could cut out the positioning errors and improve on the mental side of the game he could be a top keeper, because as others have said he has good, sometimes exceptional shot stopping skills.

Obviously if that doesn't work out then Brands needs to have some options available, maybe a good prospect or an older pro who can provide better competition than Lossi or Stek.

what’s Italian for don’t be a divvy or I’m selling you to Wham

I don't think size is relevant. Many excellent smallish goalkeepers. Nigel Martyn was top drawer. Easily amongst the best I've ever seen. Shay Given and many others were also very good.

Is this really still open for debate? Too short, too impetuous, too many senseless punts downfield.

For someone like Ancelotti who's worked with Buffon, Cech, Neuer and Casillas he must be a nightmare to have to name as a starter.

He can't dump the entire team though, there's too much of the club's resources tied up in them? I hope he divides the squad between those who he absolutely cannot do anything with (bin) and those that with better coaching and tweaking their roles can contribute.

I think Pickford, for all his faults falls in the latter category, at least until CA has had a go at sorting him out.

Is this really still open for debate? Too short, too impetuous, too many senseless punts downfield.

For someone like Ancelotti who's worked with Buffon, Cech, Neuer and Casillas he must be a nightmare to have to name as a starter.

Dave a lot of media rumbles that Carlo is not happy with him and told Brands to find a goalkeeper.

He can't dump the entire team though, there's too much of the club's resources tied up in them? I hope he divides the squad between those who he absolutely cannot do anything with (bin) and those that with better coaching and tweaking their roles can contribute.

I think Pickford, for all his faults falls in the latter category, at least until CA has had a go at sorting him out.
How fundamental is the GK? Very.

You start from the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.