2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ian Wright politely summed up our views on him, which were spot on he went there not intending to keep goal just to wind their fans up -surely our manager should react on him with this point RM imo paid the price as he was sacked by repeatedly choosing him over Robles who was keeping clean sheets.....
Virginia to play the next game with Steck on the bench throw big head in the under 23s for a week or three......

The thing for me as well was wrong on Pickford getting a new inproved contract,no player with 3 or 4 years to go should get a new contract just to stop so called made up stories etc-i dont care who the player is,Rich will get a new one to stop what stories may appear this summer and so on knowing Everton how they work

Absolutely this. You'd think we'd learned our lesson when we handed Martinez a new contract after 1 good season and we were forced to tear it up a couple of years later when we realised that season was a fluke.

I'm all for rewarding good performances but surely this has to happen over a period longer than a year. Pickford was locked into a pretty long contract already and there was no need to give him another so soon.

Ian Wright politely summed up our views on him, which were spot on he went there not intending to keep goal just to wind their fans up -surely our manager should react on him with this point RM imo paid the price as he was sacked by repeatedly choosing him over Robles who was keeping clean sheets.....
Virginia to play the next game with Steck on the bench throw big head in the under 23s for a week or three......

It's my view on him.

He is a top keeper with flaws that he needs to develop. Don't care what people say about that.

BUT...the ego on the lad will be his downfall.

Or go for the unknown quantity.....Virginia.

We have nowt to lose by chucking him in and seeing what he can do.
If Everton did actually make a change and i dont expect it,he would be my pick over Stek despite no experience,he was very highly rated by the arsenal fans and they were gutted and surprised he went,so seems we got a very decent keeper there

Forgot about him. Might be worth trying, on the other hand he might not be up to it. Or we'd trash his confidence. Might give king flappy the kick up his backside he needs though.
He also might be able to come and catch the ball......or turn a shot over the bar or away from opposition strikers running in ie the basics.....

Such a hard one this guys isn't it?......nowhere near as simple as the Silva question where you can see he's not the man to take us forward as he's not done anything to show he's capable of it.

However Pickford wow, what a conundrum. My view is he's the best shot stopper in the league bar none, immense reactions as proved over an over again and gets that leg out where other keepers would still be rooted to the spot.

The lad then undo's all the good work by his total lack of awareness and ineptitude at the easier tasks.

On corners he's like a big boisterous sheep dog let off the lead just as 6 rabbits pop out of the hedge......he's no idea which one to go for and loses the lot, you never know whether he's going to come to the edge of the box to punch a ball away that's going nowhere anyway, or flap at the ball in his own 6 yard box when the catch for most keepers would be simple.

As for his distribution. He made a name for himself last season with a couple of incredible long and low stuck diagonal clearances which set up attacks from both flanks....we and the pundits raved about it and rightly so.

However I reckon it went to his head and he tries it every time now trying to recreate it......it won't happen Jordan, those clearances were sensational but as hard to recreate as a scissor kick from 20 years in to the top left corner.

Get back to basics lad, keep the shot stopping going, but do the simple things right first....under arm bowl it out to Digne rather than putting it in to touch every time and just take a chill pill when there's a set piece.......think about where that ball is going and decide if you really need to deal with it yourself, you do have centre backs there to share the workload.

Status
Not open for further replies.