2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

You should always be learning no matter what point in your career.
Well yes i'll give you that, but I meant more that he's not 'still learning' as in learning his trade. He's pretty experienced now, and it's quite funny to see people (the same ones in some instances) in here saying Pickfords only a baby and then in the Gueye thread saying get rid he's old. 4 1/2 years between them. Peak years don't last long do they?!

Well yes i'll give you that, but I meant more that he's not 'still learning' as in learning his trade. He's pretty experienced now, and it's quite funny to see people (the same ones in some instances) in here saying Pickfords only a baby and then in the Gueye thread saying get rid he's old. 4 1/2 years between them. Peak years don't last long do they?!

We give crap to 19 year olds too to be fair.

Our fans are so fickle. He cleaned up at the club awards last year, rose to Englands undisputed number 1 and was our most consistent performer up until a couple of mistakes this season.

Get a grip, hes one of the best keepers in the league and hes ours.
I’ll counter that by saying he was poty by default, and it may have been that rise that caused him to lose focus this year. In no way should he be beyond criticism. He’s been worse than we should expect. There’s been multiple mistakes at this point that can’t be made.

Our fans are so fickle. He cleaned up at the club awards last year, rose to Englands undisputed number 1 and was our most consistent performer up until a couple of mistakes this season.

Get a grip, hes one of the best keepers in the league and hes ours.
Spot on, but the problem is he made a massive mistake, that will never get forgotten at Anfield of all places. Also in a season that might go to the wire, gifting them 2 points hurts.
I rate him, his potential is massive, and he has been doing well for us, but with Evertonians wanting to abuse our players he has made himself a very easy target.

I’ll counter that by saying he was poty by default, and it may have been that rise that caused him to lose focus this year. In no way should he be beyond criticism. He’s been worse than we should expect. There’s been multiple mistakes at this point that can’t be made.

Why do people keep assuming this?

He can just be playing badly without an actual reason for it.

Funny how horrible Robles’ got better stats for Everton in the prem than Pickford. Garbage, mind you, but he let in less goals than Jordan according to transfermarkt.
Not to mention his current form in spain.
Pickford this season:
21 games, 31 backwards goals.

Robles:
8 games, 7 clean sheets(2 backwards).

For Everton, Robles let in 1.2 goals pr game in the prem.
For Everton, Pickford let in 1.5 pr game in the prem, and that was last season, when people were claiming he was doing well.

I dont want Robles back, btw, not good enough.

We need a new nr 1 and make Pickford our backup.

Edit:
Backwards = goals conceded. :blush:

Last edited:
Funny how horrible Robles’ got better stats for Everton in the prem than Pickford. Garbage, mind you, but he let in less goals than Jordan according to transfermarkt.
Not to mention his current form in spain.
Pickford this season:
21 games, 31 backwards goals.

Robles:
8 games, 7 clean sheets(2 backwards).

For Everton, Robles let in 1.2 goals pr game in the prem.
For Everton, Pickford let in 1.5 pr game in the prem, and that was last season, when people were claiming he was doing well.

I dont want Robles back, btw, not good enough.

We need a new nr 1 and make Pickford our backup.
Forgive my ignorance, but what is a backwards goal?

Status
Not open for further replies.