2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno about that mate. 19 year old kid sounds like something Everton have done a lot in the past.

Interesting to see what happens though.

If this half season just gone hasn't concentrated minds on a new keeper then you can safely say Brands is not part of any solution around this club.

It's appalling. The 6 yard box should be an opposition-free zone that we never allow anything to come into. As it stands we actually see our defence invite them in there, and a GK who thinks his job is to back off and off and off to his own goal line.

What sort of cowardly defending is this?

Agree mate, the keeper should clean out everything in the 6 yard box...they get protected enough anyway.

First page on the GK coaching manual.

I've had this discussion on a page lost further back. He did save a penalty, and a good one v one Vs Bournemouth etc in the past which we went on to win. I have no doubt he affected those games...

However... Pickford has yet to have a game that would have the opposition fans come away saying 'ah it was just one of those days, Pickford was unstoppable' - whereas I find ourselves saying this quite a lot in the past in regards to opposition goalkeepers. How many times has Cech or somebody seemed unbeatable on the day and singlehandedly taken his team to the result?

De Gea immediately springs to mind

Pickford seems to split our fan base. So if the no's get there wish who we getting to replace him .I will be honest I don't know much about foreign goalies and I can't see any in Britain not saying there is no one just I don't know them so who we saying is up to the job ?

Anyway, it’s all pointless.

He’s not going anywhere, he’s playing crap like everyone else.

He’s just part of the problem.

But I hope he does leave soon just so I can enjoy people not slating whoever our next goalie is even though they’ll make mistakes too.
He's part of the problem,yes. But being a GK makes everything he does extremely visible.
And we will of course slate stupid mistakes from the next one. And on his attitude,it's all about how he acts and appears on the pitch.

He's part of the problem,yes. But being a GK makes everything he does extremely visible.
And we will of course slate stupid mistakes from the next one. And on his attitude,it's all about how he acts and appears on the pitch.

As I say, I can’t wait until we get a new first choice keeper. Just to see if he’s treated the same.

Agree mate, the keeper should clean out everything in the 6 yard box...they get protected enough anyway.

First page on the GK coaching manual.

Screaming at Kenny the other day against Leicester after HE made a balls up. That just about clinched it for me. An utter 'kin quilt.

Cant see the back of this phony quick enough.

Screaming at Kenny the other day against Leicester after HE made a balls up. That just about clinched it for me. An utter 'kin quilt.

Cant see the back of this phony quick enough.

Problem is there's a real lack of quality keepers out there who can't even do basics (or who aren't brave enough to perform basics) :coffee:

They dont exist. Apparently. All other GKs are worse or no better than Pickford. Hard to believe, but that's what I've been told. :coffee:

Unless you have a proper scouting network and are willing to traipse up and down the country looking at lower league games (and you think there would surely be someone willing with all the £££ sloshing around) then you aren't going to uncover a diamond...have you seen the clip of HK of how he was made aware of NS?

Status
Not open for further replies.