2020/21 JonJoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
he would have defend3ed v Leeds far better why - simple he's a right back who can play a bit plus defend Iwobi should have been in front of him plus like wise on the left a recognised left back with Rhico in front of him
round pegs in round holes please at Burnley - or more gloom I am afraid to predict.....
with Carlos line up we could have got hammered.....

I have said previously that I think the manager did get the team wrong against Leeds.
Putting square pegs into round holes usually doesn't work.
If we were missing one of the full backs then you probably could have tweaked a bit but with both missing I think you needed players there who at least were comfortable in the position.
I thought Tom Davies did very well even though he was totally out of position but CA really must not rate JJ Kenny at all when he could not get a start.
Why not put players where they do well. Davies in the middle to cover a back four , Iwobi on the left where he did well a week earlier, JR more central. Delph at left back, a position he knows.

Pickford
Kenny
Holgate
Keane
Delph

Allan
Docoure
Iwobi or Davies.

JR
Richarlison
DCL

Quite disappointed in JJK performances so far I must admit, I was expecting a lot more, looks like he will not make it here now.

What if Carlo said he was fine with our right-back situation for this season?
A lot of people seem to overlook this.

Remember - this is officially Ancelotti's first full season in the job. It stands to reason that he'll have wanted to evaluate a number of them over the course of a campaign before he starts dipping into the market left right and center. The midfield was clearly an issue for a while and hence why that was the ultimate priority in his first window.

I still trust, between the both of them, they know what they're doing (or at least they have a plan of some description).

What’s JJK got to do to get a game, hell, even make the bench.

He’s been handled terribly. Carlo says it’s an emergency at the moment and he still can’t make the bench. Absolute joke.

People crying about Niels not getting a game at left back/wingback - I agree he should be getting a chance ahead of Iwobi or Delph at left back but ultimately he’s an 18 year old with, what, one top flight game in his career.

On the other hand we’ve got someone who until last year was an England u-21 regular, played a whole season every week in Germany and before that has played premier league games for us. We didn’t sell him in the summer and instead of actually playing him when Coleman is injured, we change formation and try to convert Iwobi into a wingback or play his pal Tom Davies ahead of him.

There’s some chat in the Niels thread that he’s got a bit big for his boots so Carlo’s keeping him out the team. No idea if that’s true but know for sure Kenny’s attitude is spot on. It’s a piss take that he’s not been given a chance during this run of games.

Before anyone says “he’s not good enough”, maybe not long term but giving him one game against Newcastle isn’t a fair crack at the whip if you ask me.

Should be playing but very obvious Carlo doesn’t rate him and he’ll be shipped out very soon
Yeah but I’m the meantime until he does ship him out it’s costing us games while Carlo tries to come up with different formations and players in positions that’s costing us balance and consistency.

If he had anything about him he should be asking for a move, if he is fit and cant get a game at the moment he never will.
I’m sure he is asking his agent to get him the hell out of here. Can’t think we were straight with the kid. There’s no way he’d have stayed at the start of the season if Carlo had told him “look JJK you’ll get your chances, sure...after, Coleman, Iwobi, Davies, the tea lady”.

What’s JJK got to do to get a game, hell, even make the bench.

He’s been handled terribly. Carlo says it’s an emergency at the moment and he still can’t make the bench. Absolute joke.

People crying about Niels not getting a game at left back/wingback - I agree he should be getting a chance ahead of Iwobi or Delph at left back but ultimately he’s an 18 year old with, what, one top flight game in his career.

On the other hand we’ve got someone who until last year was an England u-21 regular, played a whole season every week in Germany and before that has played premier league games for us. We didn’t sell him in the summer and instead of actually playing him when Coleman is injured, we change formation and try to convert Iwobi into a wingback or play his pal Tom Davies ahead of him.

There’s some chat in the Niels thread that he’s got a bit big for his boots so Carlo’s keeping him out the team. No idea if that’s true but know for sure Kenny’s attitude is spot on. It’s a piss take that he’s not been given a chance during this run of games.

Before anyone says “he’s not good enough”, maybe not long term but giving him one game against Newcastle isn’t a fair crack at the whip if you ask me.

He was rubbish against Newcastle. This is top flight football and you have to take your opportunity when it comes. Our young players lack the conviction to prove themselves. Its a long term issue but one that needs fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.