2020/21 JonJoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was rubbish against Newcastle. This is top flight football and you have to take your opportunity when it comes. Our young players lack the conviction to prove themselves. Its a long term issue but one that needs fixed.
Come on, the Newcastle game was hardly a good game to judge him or anyone for that matter. We basically played Gomes and Siggi as false wingers rotating into the middle when we had the ball with Kenny and Niels becoming wingers, with doucoure and Delph dropping in to fullback when we had the ball. It was a brand new system, none of the team had played it and it didn’t work. That game was on carlo. You can hardly play a fullback at winger and when he doesn’t excel, say “oh well, you had your chance and we’re [Poor language removed]”.

He wasn't good enough that's why he went out on loan. While on loan he wasn't exactly a stand out in a terrible Shalke team. He's back now and clearly Carlo and the staff don't rate him or trust him.

So he'll probably get a new 4 year contract in Jan. lol
Not even good enough when our first choice fullback is injured to come in and play against a chronic Burnley side? Not sure about that.

Come on, the Newcastle game was hardly a good game to judge him or anyone for that matter. We basically played Gomes and Siggi as false wingers rotating into the middle when we had the ball with Kenny and Niels becoming wingers, with doucoure and Delph dropping in to fullback when we had the ball. It was a brand new system, none of the team had played it and it didn’t work. That game was on carlo. You can hardly play a fullback at winger and when he doesn’t excel, say “oh well, you had your chance and we’re [Poor language removed]”.

Good players take their chances and impact games regardless of what goes on around them. We have very few good players.

He wasn't even fit in the Newcastle match

Not even good enough when our first choice fullback is injured to come in and play against a chronic Burnley side? Not sure about that.

Not good enough to face Fulham either, so no he's not good enough.

He wasn't good enough in the summer when everyone was saying we needed a back up right back for Coleman and he still isn't.

It was painfully obvious looking at him at Schalke he wasn't going to be good enough to make it here or even provide enough competition for an ageing Coleman who's own fitness issues were becoming more and more apparent.

I don't know who is to blame but it was a criminal error not signing a right back in the summer, wouldn't surprise me if we're stupid enough to do make the same one now in January with Coleman being back.

We signed James, Allan and Doucourre and then stood still in the market, stupid mistake.

I'm guessing he must be injured as he isn't even being played in u23 games. Nkounkou, Gordon, Braithwaite, Virginia have all been given at least one game. He probably isn't good enough but that can be the only reason he hasn't been given a sniff in any team since the Newcastle match.

Perhaps could be better but is our only RFB backup.
I agree man, I was replying to someone who was saying he wasn’t good enough. Maybe he isn’t, I don’t think he’s really been given a chance but he’s the back up right back we have so play him. Should have had a chance against some of the rubbish we’ve been playing recently.

IWobi has already shown himself to be a better right back than him tbh
No, he’s not shown himself to be a better right back. Can’t believe this narrative is getting traction.

Iwobi has shown himself to be far superior attacking wingback/winger in a 343 system. That’s hardly surprising given he’s an attacker by trade. The formation works where you control the majority of the ball and the wingbacks main role is as an attacking outlet, there isn’t a focus on the defending. We’ve been able to get away with it last three games because we’ve played Fulham, Burnley and Leeds and even then when we did turn over possession we looked wide open. So in that formation and in those games where the wingbacks are mainly going to be attacking, yes, Iwobi is a better option.

Where we’re playing four at the back or a game where there is more focus on the defensive side of the game then playing Iwobi or any winger at right back or wing back is a liability waiting to happen. They don’t have the positional awareness, the experience of dealing with attacking movement not to be.

Play Iwobi right back against Chelsea and it won’t be pretty. The sad thing is, in normal circumstances I wouldn’t even think it a possibility but With Carlo’s selections at the moment...couldn’t rule it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.