2020/21 JonJoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, he’s not shown himself to be a better right back. Can’t believe this narrative is getting traction.

Iwobi has shown himself to be far superior attacking wingback/winger in a 343 system. That’s hardly surprising given he’s an attacker by trade. The formation works where you control the majority of the ball and the wingbacks main role is as an attacking outlet, there isn’t a focus on the defending. We’ve been able to get away with it last three games because we’ve played Fulham, Burnley and Leeds and even then when we did turn over possession we looked wide open. So in that formation and in those games where the wingbacks are mainly going to be attacking, yes, Iwobi is a better option.

Where we’re playing four at the back or a game where there is more focus on the defensive side of the game then playing Iwobi or any winger at right back or wing back is a liability waiting to happen. They don’t have the positional awareness, the experience of dealing with attacking movement not to be.

Play Iwobi right back against Chelsea and it won’t be pretty. The sad thing is, in normal circumstances I wouldn’t even think it a possibility but With Carlo’s selections at the moment...couldn’t rule it out.
Play Coleman, iwobi or Kenny at right back vs Chelsea and it won't be pretty either let's be honest. They have blistering pace and we do not.

Not saying I rate him massively but if you’ve realistically got 2 players for each position, I thought he was alright back up rb for a team not in Europe. Club should have sold/loaned him this summer or played him in games like Saturday and Leeds. Same thing happens to too many of our younger players when they get to 20, club don’t know whether to stick or twist and end up not doing either, apart from Calvert Lewin no one has progressed in the last few years.

How so? I don't recall us being in the market for RBs in the summer and failing to land our targets?
This right here, if Ancelotti is saying he was happy with the RB situation then so be it - be different if we missed out on X and did nothing afterwards.

That would be why.

Why weren't we? There's no way Ancelotti wouldn't have wanted a better full back.
I/we don't know, but I don't see how that makes it Brands' fault? We've had little to no indication that Ancelotti wanted a RB, so why would Brands be expected to get one, or have failed for not getting one?
We targeted Dalot pretty hard before Utd decided they'd rather ship him to Italy.
Did we though?

I/we don't know, but I don't see how that makes it Brands' fault? We've had little to no indication that Ancelotti wanted a RB, so why would Brands be expected to get one, or have failed for not getting one?

Did we though?
I mean, there were a bunch of reports after the fact stating as such.

That would be why.

Why weren't we? There's no way Ancelotti wouldn't have wanted a better full back.
You sure?

It's clear from several interviews that he rates Coleman highly and actually stated at one point that he was happy with JJK being back. Not convinced RB was ever a big priority for him in the summer personally.

You sure?

It's clear from several interviews that he rates Coleman highly and actually stated at one point that he was happy with JJK being back. Not convinced RB was ever a big priority for him in the summer personally.
Be interesting to see what happens in January. Carlo may be tempted to leave it given Holgate has been solid at RB recently. Holgate, Coleman and Kenny as 3rd choice isn’t too bad.

Kenny needs to move on, it's obvious that he isn't in the managers planning when he is getting thrown on the left wing at 88 minutes.
Shame, but the lad isn't going to play.
I think he’l keep him to be fair, low wages, homegrown status and still young (I’d be pissed off if he sold him and signed some like sidibe)

Status
Not open for further replies.