Jonjoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
sooooo we just keep average players, have no ambition to succeed and cheer coz we have “one of ours” playing.

If he played at a 6/10 level every game that would be better than having Coleman / Sidibe as back up / rotation but he was really shocking against Dortmund.

Then again its a unique game and time with the current situation.

...logic tells me that if he was highly rated within the club he’d still be here. Sending Kenny on loan and bringing Sidebe in on loan suggests Kenny wasn’t seen as good enough.

i see no way he’ll ever be first choice at Everton which surely means his future lies elsewhere.

If he played at a 6/10 level every game that would be better than having Coleman / Sidibe as back up / rotation but he was really shocking against Dortmund.

I’ve never once seen him play and thought “there’s a player in there”

Sidibe is woeful defending but is quite and astute outlet going forward, he can actually see the play develop
Coleman is woeful going forward but can still put a good shift on at the back

Kenny has neither attribute unfortunately, and I wouldn’t have him ahead of either of those 2

I think some would have really liked him to have made the grade.
But I think most of us agree we need a new right back.
I'm sure he will do well at the right level.

...logic tells me that if he was highly rated within the club he’d still be here. Sending Kenny on loan and bringing Sidebe in on loan suggests Kenny wasn’t seen as good enough.

i see no way he’ll ever be first choice at Everton which surely means his future lies elsewhere.
Eggs.

In the past you could say the same about Osman,Barkley and Coleman to name just three.

Like that old jumper your Nan knitted you, you’ll never wear it unless you’re really desperate but don’t really want to chuck it out even though it’s taking up valuable space in the wardrobe....

Eggs.

In the past you could say the same about Osman,Barkley and Coleman to name just three.

...no, I think they are all different. Osman and Barkley were Academy players who had suffered serious injury at a key moment during their development. They are in a quite unique group of Academy loanees who went on loan and then went on to play 50 times for Everton. Coleman was brought from the Irish League.

Kenny came through the ranks for a run in the first team. That is different to the others. He was subsequently sent on loan rather than being utilised. To me, that says a lot. instead the club brought another RB in.

I like Kenny a lot. I’ve watched him through the ranks for club and country and love his appetite for the game. However, I‘m afraid he’s not what we need and i’d be very surprised to see him getting regular game time with us.

The reality is, Academy players who go on loan rarely have a future with us.

To be fair that decision was made under a different manager.

There is also the Holgate example of a loan being beneficial. Holgate was pretty much deemed to be done here once he came back from West Brom and that was at a lower standard than playing for Schalke.

Who knows basically.

There is also the Holgate example of a loan being beneficial. Holgate was pretty much deemed to be done here once he came back from West Brom and that was at a lower standard than playing for Schalke.

Who knows basically.

...I think the Holgate comparison is more accurate. Saying that, I’m convinced he was surplus to requirements but failure to bring in a CB on the last day of the window conspired to him being given a chance. To be fair to Holgate, he grasped the opportunity.

As you rightly say, ’Who knows’ All I can say it would take circumstances to change for Kenny to become first choice. Sadly, I don’t think he’s the answer for a defence that is already short of athleticism, pace and power.

Who knows basically.
Holgate showed way more for us before his loan than anything Jonjoe has in his time here

Your last sentence says it all.
The artificial conditions in which the immediate games will be played out in, will highlight many shortcomings in even the superstar players.

Has he got naked pictures of you or someone? Is he's bribing you come on here and put up any sort of argument that he may have some sort of career at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.