Jonjoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sidibe is not a regular starter at right back,alternating with Seamus and sometimes playing further forward. I don't see him being signed as a four year contract would probably cost about not far short of 30m when you factor in transfer fees, wages,signing on fee ,agent fees,loyalty bonus etc.

I just don't think we have that kind of money to throw around

Our Sidibe loan deal has a good purchase price. We're not going to do better on the open market for a player of similar quality. If we're going to get a Europe spot, or at least push for one and/or a good cup run next season, we'll need squad depth. Sidibe is not a premier RB but at the price he's a useful piece.

Some of the Schalke fans love him. He's been good7ok. Gotta keep him., he surely will be a better player from the experience. Coleys best days are behind him, sidbe is scheisse.

Leave him there for another season, Coleman will be 33 then so Kenny can compete with Sidibe.

Personally I dont think ant of our RB's are top quality but there are more pressing areas to improve - Sidibe at £12 mill keeps us ticking over for another year or two.

I think people are seriously overrating him here if I’m honest. That’s not me saying he’s crap but I wouldn’t expect him to ever be a PL starter.
And I think he has been well under rated by many Everton fans, as were Holgate and DCL, look at those two players now after being consistently selected for the first team, something Jonjo never had the privilege of, although he deserved it, in my opinion. I hope Everton bring him back and start him at the beginning of next season.

Lets not get carried away with DCL and Holgate improved yes but top 4 quality I don't think so. Kenny is in the Davies bracket not for our first 11 even at this stage of our journey towards the top again.

And I think he has been well under rated by many Everton fans, as were Holgate and DCL, look at those two players now after being consistently selected for the first team, something Jonjo never had the privilege of, although he deserved it, in my opinion. I hope Everton bring him back and start him at the beginning of next season.
You can only rate what you see and I don’t really remember him showing a lot in a blue shirt apart from better crossing ability than Coleman. I don’t think anyone has ever put him ahead of Holgate and DCL in ability either.

I’d love to be wrong but I think we’ll sign Sidibe as a stopgap and cash in from Schalke covering the Sidibe signing.

Need the home grown players though ! So I’d keep him ! Him and Coleman next season and 12 million to spend on a foreigner !

Status
Not open for further replies.