Jonjoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
after watching wan bissaka on sunday( and a few other times) I'd say him and Kenny are on a fairly similar level and one cost 50m and the other we're happy to give away!
Is Kenny that bad that’s being compared to Wan-Bissaka? Wan-Bissaka’s only decent trait is his tackling, everything else in his game is sub par.

I think people are seriously overrating him here if I’m honest. That’s not me saying he’s crap but I wouldn’t expect him to ever be a PL starter.

too much pride hurt in this thread from the usual toxic fans writing off young everton players who go and play somewhere where the fans get behind the players and they magically do well. if the player has got any sense he will not want to come back.
You're not wrong Snidey, far too often Goodison gets down on players instead of encouraging and showing some forgiveness and patience, particularly to the younger guys. The vast majority of people respond better to being encouraged rather than vilified for the slightest thing.
Not saying we completely absolve them from criticism, just let's try and be a bit more supportive eh ?

You're not wrong Snidey, far too often Goodison gets down on players instead of encouraging and showing some forgiveness and patience, particularly to the younger guys. The vast majority of people respond better to being encouraged rather than vilified for the slightest thing.
Not saying we completely absolve them from criticism, just let's try and be a bit more supportive eh ?
So we should encourage when we’ve just conceded 2 goals in a minute to lose 2 points? We should encourage when we’ve lost possession under no pressure for the fifteenth time that game? We should forgive how we haven’t challenged for anything for 3 decades?.

The reasoning is there and if the players aren’t up to it the most annoyed fanbase in the league aren’t going to say “oh unlucky, well done for trying better luck next time”. I’m not saying it’s right, but I’m saying it’s perfectly understandable and to expect anything else is an absolute stretch imo.

So we should encourage when we’ve just conceded 2 goals in a minute to lose 2 points? We should encourage when we’ve lost possession under no pressure for the fifteenth time that game? We should forgive how we haven’t challenged for anything for 3 decades?.

The reasoning is there and if the players aren’t up to it the most annoyed fanbase in the league aren’t going to say “oh unlucky, well done for trying better luck next time”. I’m not saying it’s right, but I’m saying it’s perfectly understandable and to expect anything else is an absolute stretch imo.
I didn't suggest absolute blind faith, however in general Goodison tends to react negatively much too readily.

I didn't suggest absolute blind faith, however in general Goodison tends to react negatively much too readily.
Seriously, would you expect anything different for a club that has won f-all for 25 years and fallen from being a giant of the game to an ignored, unfavoured, and unfashionable set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.