Jonjoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.

If Kenny was not already an Everton player and we were linked with him after the season he has been having there would be an absolute stampeded on here to get him signed.
There really wouldn't though would there? If he was a German 23 year old who'd not quite made the breakthrough at Leipzig for example, and then gone to Schalke where he was seen to be doing generally fine but not exactly pulling up any trees, and he'd never had an international call up (despite being older than a couple in his position who have) the rumour would be met with a very big 'meh'.

There really wouldn't though would there? If he was a German 23 year old who'd not quite made the breakthrough at Leipzig for example, and then gone to Schalke where he was seen to be doing generally fine but not exactly pulling up any trees, and he'd never had an international call up (despite being older than a couple in his position who have) the rumour would be met with a very big 'meh'.

Good spin, thats some good spin of his season!!

Good spin, thats some good spin of his season!!
I've only seen him play for them once.

I have, however, read the reports in the loan thread, which very much suggest that he is a pretty regular 7/10, occasionally lower, very occasionally higher. Perhaps thats pulling up trees for you? When I asked on 3 occasions whether anybody had actually seen much of him playing for Schalke you were conspicuous in your absence but please tell me how it's really gone? The German resident who replied suggested that he didn't necessarily look any better for Schalke than he did for us, he just fitted the league and stle of play quite well. Perhaps he was just spinning it though, you'd know better i'm sure.

I've only seen him play for them once.

I have, however, read the reports in the loan thread, which very much suggest that he is a pretty regular 7/10, occasionally lower, very occasionally higher. Perhaps thats pulling up trees for you? When I asked on 3 occasions whether anybody had actually seen much of him playing for Schalke you were conspicuous in your absence but please tell me how it's really gone? The German resident who replied suggested that he didn't necessarily look any better for Schalke than he did for us, he just fitted the league and stle of play quite well. Perhaps he was just spinning it though, you'd know better i'm sure.

Well my take on the Loan thread is he is doing really well, fans love him and he has been consistant.

Im not sure how that can be seen as anything other than a success. He is a right back, not a number 10 or a winger. Poeple dont really rave about full backs the same way.

What has happened is EXACTLY what we want from loans, so lets give him a chance for us now.

Well my take on the Loan thread is he is doing really well, fans love him and he has been consistant.

Im not sure how that can be seen as anything other than a success. He is a right back, not a number 10 or a winger. Poeple dont really rave about full backs the same way.

What has happened is EXACTLY what we want from loans, so lets give him a chance for us now.
And which part of that contradicts what I said? I said he appears to have been doing generally fine but not pulling up trees, and that he was consistently around 7/10. You agree, and yet you called my post spin. How odd.

I'm not saying he's useless or the loan is a waste of time, I was just saying I don't really agree that we'd all be desperate to sign him if he didn't already play for us.

And which part of that contradicts what I said? I said he appears to have been doing generally fine but not pulling up trees, and that he was consistently around 7/10. You agree, and yet you called my post spin. How odd.

I'm not saying he's useless or the loan is a waste of time, I was just saying I don't really agree that we'd all be desperate to sign him if he didn't already play for us.

And I agree, how would he catch our eye?

He doesnt score goals and he doesnt assist.

His whoscored ratings ranks him as the 106th best RB in Europe this season.

We wouldnt even know he existed if he wasnt our player.

His whoscored ratings ranks him as the 106th best RB in Europe this season
Considering he's playing well for one of the top teams in one of the top leagues in Europe I think we can take that ranking with a pinch of salt.

By which I mean it's clearly bull excrement.

Status
Not open for further replies.