John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was awesome today and will be a top player for years to come.

However, if, on one of his little runs out of defence he'd lost the ball and we'd conceded a goal I can guarantee there'd be people here, and at the game, telling him to hoof it and clear his lines next time.

Well in Stones, and Martinez for giving him those little cameos earlier in the season when he looked a bit nervous. Also, well in Martinez for letting Heitinga go, which basically told Stones just how much he trusts him.

Dunno' if its an over-reaction from myself, people can call me out on it too.

I think he has the potential to be better than any center half we have had in twenty years.

I also believe ability wise he is better than any center half at the club, including Jagielka and Distin.

I would also be perfectly fine with dropping Distin and playing Jagielka and Stones for the rest of the season and next season also.

You are so righty, said earlier this lad will be another Labby, perhaps better. Keep hold of him Roberto.

The problem with partnering Stones with Jagielka is they are both right footed. We really could do with a young left footed centre half to partner Stones for the long term.

Martins Indi was heavily linked and he would be ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.