John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure why people think its that important. plenty of top central defensive partnerships are both right footed.
Of course two right footed centre halves can play together, but ideally, you want your left sided centre half to be left footed, obviously.

That's why Moyes was so keen to bring in Distin to partner Jagielka. It's also handy when you have a small squad to have the option of moving them to left back when needed, like Lescott did so well on occasions.

Stones will get 100+ caps for England. No doubt about that. Far from the finished article but he's still bossing premier league games at just 19.

to be fair i didn't get to see much of the game because i had stupidly booked a table for 1.30pm as its mothering sunday doh. I've heard he had a good game though. Maybe i was being harsh with my criticism but he seems to be performing well lately.

Still think his positioning is questionable at times but that will come but his composure on the ball is unreal seen a stat before he made 64 passes in the game the most on the field and completed for dribbles a high for a premier league defender this season really was a great leaving gift from mr moyes

It was a Rolls Royce performance. When a couple of our older fans are mentioning him in the same company as Brian Labone well that's good enough for me. He was superb today just as he was against Newcastle. How refreshing to see a young cb have the confidence to step out the back with the ball.

Whatever happens when jags comes back doesn't matter. John stones is a joy to watch, no really an absolute joy to watch. Its natural when you see a player so good, to find faults in his game. I don't see any.

Its quite scary just how good this lad is. He doesn't deserve to lose his place, he just doesn't and shouldn't. The way he sees and controls the game for someone so young is astonishing.

Its a wonderful rise to fame by the lad and he deserves nothing more. He comes in after a big fee for an unknown. We all went ' wtf who '.... ' should of been spent elsewhere '.... etc. He scores a paneca against one of the best teams in europe and we all LOL'd. Then when jags got injured, we all shat the arl kecks at the thought of a youngster coming in at a crucial time..... except stones himself. Thats when we took notice and weren't LOL ing anymore.

Jags gets injured again and we turn to stones and now here he is, floating around looking like beckenbauer and putting in MOM performances. Its a quality rise by the lad and a wonderful story.

I admit when I saw that paneca I thought ' get in ya cheeky flukey get ' ... now I've seen him a few times, its no fluke. This lads is a quality, quality player we have here.

Great thing is he seems to have taken the club to heart aswell talks really highly about the club and fans hopefully here for many a year him and Barkley are the future

Status
Not open for further replies.