John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
to be fair i didn't get to see much of the game because i had stupidly booked a table for 1.30pm as its mothering sunday doh. I've heard he had a good game though. Maybe i was being harsh with my criticism but he seems to be performing well lately.

he was utterly phenomenal, it was unreal. he was bringing the ball out at the back, strolling around holtby getting to their half all in one dribble, not even getting close to being tackled. did it a fair few times as well.

As good as any centre back that I've seen for that age and I try to swerve being too gushing in praise lest the vaults judge me. But this lad should turn into one of the finest defenders around. He's something else.

I don't rate him that much tbh, he's alright and will go on to be a decent, Ryan Shawcross level centre half, which isn't something to scoff at.

Why is Stones being compared to Shawcross?

Shawcross is shocking. The only thing he has going for him is his height.

My jimmies are so rustled right now.

I'd love to have seen how happy Martinez was at A) Getting the Everton job, B) Stones being here, as he's a player he wanted whilst he was at Wigan, and C) seeing Barkley train for the first time. I'm guessing his initial reaction was something alone the lines of "What the f*** is that?"

Why is Stones being compared to Shawcross?

Shawcross is shocking. The only thing he has going for him is his height.

My jimmies are so rustled right now.
Do you watch much PL footy mate? He's one of the more solid centre halves in the Prem. How many England caps does Stones have?

I'd love to have seen how happy Martinez was at A) Getting the Everton job, B) Stones being here, as he's a player he wanted whilst he was at Wigan, and C) seeing Barkley train for the first time. I'm guessing his initial reaction was something alone the lines of "What the f*** is that?"

Being in for Rodwell (January just) could bode well as well.
As for Stones, he looks a real find, all of 19 years old. It was a poor Fulham today but the confidence and the vision to be spraying passes around like he did. 19 years old.
If I could have my way I'd force Hodgson to take him as understudy to the WC, its early for him and he'd unlikely play but Walcott went when he was younger and no doubt it did him the world of good being involved and around the other players so early.

Status
Not open for further replies.