John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only game he's struggled in was the derby but he was at right back and had two very unfit centre backs to cover for so it was always going to be a struggle.
I agree with what people have said - he's a great player and adds that extra dimension by contributing to the attack which I haven't seen from an everton defender in years. Not sure I personally have actually being only 27.
The biggest positive for me is that martinez tried to sign him for Wigan when he came to us. Puts my mind at ease with all this talk of 'Martinez can't pick defenders'

what a bargain, he looked so much more accomplished than distin, he has a massive future. think he deserves to keep his place for the run in.

Thanks David.

PA_SOCCER-Man-Utd-105827_6843070-6124922.jpg

Absolutely staggering how good he is for his age cant think of many centre backs around his age as good. In the same company as Varane, Balanta, Marquhous and Zouma IMO.

Excuse me John would you mind taking control of this ball for me please? If you wouldn't mind stepping past a couple of challenges and dropping it off in behind the opposition fullback for Leighton to run onto that would be great.

That was a great moment. Two defenders attacking. Love it. More than just the left back too - it's Roberto's 'expressing themselves' thing and it totally works

Status
Not open for further replies.