John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is not mate, he is the best cb i've seen at the club since Ratcliffe, and that's as big a compliment as i can pay a player, from memory as well ratcliffe made his debut and played a bit early on at lb before getting switched to cb where he became a legend

Settle down. He was up against two 17-year old strikers today. He had a brilliant game and I think probably deserves to start the game against Arsenal.

He has looked a bit shaky in previous games, but his confidence is growing and he was spot on today.

Settle down. He was up against two 17-year old strikers today. He had a brilliant game and I think probably deserves to start the game against Arsenal.

He has looked a bit shaky in previous games, but his confidence is growing and he was spot on today.

Made about 1 big mistake in the last 4 games mate, which he then made up for himself, and vs swansea game he was up against 2 strikers who are reckoned to be 15m+ worth and wasn't troubled by them

The lad looks more composed than Distin or Jags have done of recent times, so not overpraising just saying what i'm seeing with my own eyes, too many on here are thinking about the derby when he had a poor game at rb

He's playing the type of football that no other CB in the league can play, other than Luis, who can't really defend that well.

He's playing the type of football that no other CB in the league can play, other than Luis, who can't really defend that well.
Agree, the way that Luiz can sashay up the field used to be very similar although Mourinho is coaching that out of him/playing him in midfield, hardly seen him pass the half way line as a defender recently. But Stones is much better than Luiz at keeping concentration when we are defending. Think Barry also drops back to cover when Stones goes up.

Last English defender who came along playing like that was Ferdinand in his early 20's, but stones is technically better on the ball and a better passer like

Dunno' if its an over-reaction from myself, people can call me out on it too.

I think he has the potential to be better than any center half we have had in twenty years.

I also believe ability wise he is better than any center half at the club, including Jagielka and Distin.

I would also be perfectly fine with dropping Distin and playing Jagielka and Stones for the rest of the season and next season also.

Dunno' if its an over-reaction from myself, people can call me out on it too.

I think he has the potential to be better than any center half we have had in twenty years.

I also believe ability wise he is better than any center half at the club, including Jagielka and Distin.

I would also be perfectly fine with dropping Distin and playing Jagielka and Stones for the rest of the season and next season also.

I've already posted along similar lines mate, and its not over hyping, its just its painfully obvious imo just how talented the lad is and in the space of a few months he's gone from looking inexperienced to leaning how to play the position at the highest level seamlessly with few errors

And the thing is, Ferdinand had it coached out of him by Fergie. Martinez will encourage and improve it.

Exactly mate, what gets overlooked sometimes about Fergie choosing Moyes etc is that he has similar traits of the ginger one, Rooney for example got his natural creativity curbed a hell of a lot after leaving us to focus on teamwork and workrate etc

Robbie Earle almost named him motm on American TV. The kid is going to be world class, no doubt in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.