John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not really a right back though is he?

Let's be honest.

He is not mate, he is the best cb i've seen at the club since Ratcliffe, and that's as big a compliment as i can pay a player, from memory as well ratcliffe made his debut and played a bit early on at lb before getting switched to cb where he became a legend

......he was always a CB playing at RB. It was recognised when he signed that he was a CB, although he had been learning his trade at RB. Regardless, what a prospect. Amazed nobody is talking him up for England.
In the guardian's regular feature 'ten things to look for this wekend' They mention his performance (and blue stitches) against Newcastle and in general. Saying that he might just play himself on to the plane to Brazil.

I'm still waiting for one of the game changing mistakes he's made to be pointed out to me,everthing I've seen would be a credit to a 10 year Prem veteran

Think that's going a bit far, can't recall exactly but I know he's made at least one error that's led to us conceding a goal... Of course I think I can forgive one of those a season from a 19 y.o centre back.

His marauding runs forward in the second half today were great too, played a few slick one-two passes with Coleman as well. The run where he, coleman, and Baines all bombed forward was immense. A young centre half who is good with a ball at his feet, reads the game well, and isn't afraid of a challenge is quite a thing to have

@thebluefox
JOHN STONES PROPER PROPER FOOTBALLER ,WE HAVE STOLE HIM FOR 2 MILL , THIS KID WILL GO ON TO CAPTAIN EVERTON AND ENGLAND ,

Jun 29, 2013.

foxy knows stuff.

like a magic man......

Some will have a hissy fit, but I reckon Stones could be up there with Labone in a few years time.
Labone's strength, odd famous quote aside, was being unfazed by who he faced, Stones is the same at 19 years old. No names or personalities have fazed him so far. Just experience he is missing from his education.
Absolute bargain for what we paid for him.

I just didn't want to be the first to say it...hallowed ground, there. But, yes.

Think that's going a bit far, can't recall exactly but I know he's made at least one error that's led to us conceding a goal... Of course I think I can forgive one of those a season from a 19 y.o centre back.

His marauding runs forward in the second half today were great too, played a few slick one-two passes with Coleman as well. The run where he, coleman, and Baines all bombed forward was immense. A young centre half who is good with a ball at his feet, reads the game well, and isn't afraid of a challenge is quite a thing to have
I've watched every game he's played and I'm yet to see an obvious mistake he's made that has directly led to a goal,If your going to say he should of got goal side of Boney last week for example,well so should have Distan.....Baines.....Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.