Confirmed Signing Joao Virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a move which makes sense for Virginia.

He goes from being an academy GK here at Arsenal to maybe 3rd or even 2nd choice GK with you guys. Even if he plays predominantly in the U23s, that's still better than being the GK for the U18s at Arsenal.

I have a sneaking suspicion that, for whatever reason, some of our coaches did not rate him as highly as some outsiders. I say this because he was unable to establish himself in the U23s even though our GKs at that level have been, at best, mediocre. I mean, two have subsequently been released and one has been loaned out. The current No. 1 is just sort of there because there's nobody else to take up that position.

It's a move which makes sense for Virginia.

He goes from being an academy GK here at Arsenal to maybe 3rd or even 2nd choice GK with you guys. Even if he plays predominantly in the U23s, that's still better than being the GK for the U18s at Arsenal.

I have a sneaking suspicion that, for whatever reason, some of our coaches did not rate him as highly as some outsiders. I say this because he was unable to establish himself in the U23s even though our GKs at that level have been, at best, mediocre. I mean, two have subsequently been released and one has been loaned out. The current No. 1 is just sort of there because there's nobody else to take up that position.

I don't think that's illogical at all. If they rated him that highly, why make a move for Leno, why continue to keep loaning out Emiliano Martinez? I'm sure they'll move Ospina, but we've got Pickford and a rather old Stek, so there is certainly opportunity there. Wonder if we promised him he'd play in a cup game or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.