Confirmed Signing Joao Virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else and it's the only slight beef I have with Pickford,he looks a little on the short side for a keeper?If they both had Robles/Stekelenbergs physiques I'd say they were perfect,other than that, from what I've seen the lad looks to be a quality addition.

I made this comment was a week ago after the U23s 1-4 loss to Bayern Munich.
Brisan123 said:
How did Virginia perform in Goal
Is he capable of replacing Steks
Me :
“ Yeah he was competent enough, I don’t think he could be blamed for any of the goals. He’s clearly our No 3 GK, ahead of Hewelt, but I wouldn’t like to see him pushed forward too early to our bench without some more exposure to men’s football - I could see him getting battered by the likes of Fellani or Kane. So he certainly looks like he could develop into our no 2 , but needs game time and exposure rather than warming the bench in PL.

Quote Reply

I made this comment was a week ago after the U23s 1-4 loss to Bayern Munich.
Brisan123 said:
How did Virginia perform in Goal
Is he capable of replacing Steks
Me :
“ Yeah he was competent enough, I don’t think he could be blamed for any of the goals. He’s clearly our No 3 GK, ahead of Hewelt, but I wouldn’t like to see him pushed forward too early to our bench without some more exposure to men’s football - I could see him getting battered by the likes of Fellani or Kane. So he certainly looks like he could develop into our no 2 , but needs game time and exposure rather than warming the bench in PL.

Quote Reply

He’s a lot more commanding in the box I feel compared to even Pickford. I remember his first appearance he came and claimed absolutely everything.

He’s a lot more commanding in the box I feel compared to even Pickford. I remember his first appearance he came and claimed absolutely everything.
It’s a good point,and if he wasn’t commanding at this age you’d be worrying i e Hewelt isn’t by comparison. But you’d have to consider the level we’ve seen him at so far, he needs exposure to the bigger players who will block him , get in his way etc for us to see how he does. For me there’s no need to rush his development, after a couple of penalty saves at the next Euros we’ll sell Pickford for £100 mill, Virginia should be ready then.

So what's the skinny on this kid then? He's been here a little while now. Future prospect? Got a chance? Or just one of a long line of 'keeping flops we'll shove out the door? Haven't had the chance to see anything of him so far.

So what's the skinny on this kid then? He's been here a little while now. Future prospect? Got a chance? Or just one of a long line of 'keeping flops we'll shove out the door? Haven't had the chance to see anything of him so far.

Read the last couple of pages as that was the same thing i asked ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.