Jermaine Beckford.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care.......I like him.

It seems he will infuriate, he will score and he will miss lots. In my mind that just means we needs to create tons of chances to ensure he tucks some away.
Very Andy Cole like, and he didn't do too badly.

Oh, and loved his celebration today.

Well impressed with Beckford, had Fellaini looked up and spotted his well timed runs he could have had a hatrick.
A constant threat to the chelsea defence for the time he was on the pitch.

Well impressed with Beckford, had Fellaini looked up and spotted his well timed runs he could have had a hatrick.
A constant threat to the chelsea defence for the time he was on the pitch.

It'll come with him. He isn't RUSHING chances like he's been doing in the past several games.

His movement's brilliant. It's coming.

We just need to have that steel defence and get banging goals in.

Beckford, Yak or Saha

Does anyone know how many minutes Yak and Saha have spent on the pitch (combined) compared to Becks? How many goals have Yak and Saha scored? Do the maths and I think the answer will support the notion that he is the way forward.

Beckford, Yak or Saha?

Although he may not the finished article the quote below supports the notion that he (Beckford) is better up front than the other two.

"Beckford ‘s misses made headlines last week but you can’t doubt the strikers eagerness and ability to get into goal scoring chances. Indeed, in the last 3 outings the striker has carved out 9 goal scoring chances in 72 minutes, compared with Saha’s 2 in 150 minutes. Beckford is still an unknown quantity at this level, but his potential and recent form mean that he must start the next game against Wigan."

At least he is creating chances. Personally I would rather he missed a few than have to put up with the offerings served up by the others.

Chelsea v Everton tactical analysis report including some detail on beckford impact if any of yous fancy a read......

http://theexecutionersbong.wordpress.com/2010/12/04/chelsea-1-1-everton/

Good read. I especially liked this part:

Beckford ‘s misses made headlines last week but you can’t doubt the strikers eagerness and ability to get into goal scoring chances. Indeed, in the last 3 outings the striker has carved out 9 goal scoring chances in 72 minutes, compared with Saha’s 2 in 150 minutes.

And yet, I bet Moyes sticks with that useless French shitehawk.

Although he may not the finished article the quote below supports the notion that he (Beckford) is better up front than the other two.

"Beckford ‘s misses made headlines last week but you can’t doubt the strikers eagerness and ability to get into goal scoring chances. Indeed, in the last 3 outings the striker has carved out 9 goal scoring chances in 72 minutes, compared with Saha’s 2 in 150 minutes. Beckford is still an unknown quantity at this level, but his potential and recent form mean that he must start the next game against Wigan."

At least he is creating chances. Personally I would rather he missed a few than have to put up with the offerings served up by the others.

Slightly misleading due to the fact he usually come in the 70th minute when we have 2 strikers on. Add to the fact he had 2 shots in the first 3 league games he started and played for 60minutes in each says something different. Add to the fact 8 of those 9 goal scoring chances have come in the last 2 games.

We'll see what he does against Wigan from the off. As we all know, its fine to be an impact sub but to do the business for a full 90minutes is another thing entirely.

Beckford must start against Wigan.

He was hilariously bad with some of his efforts on goal yesterday like that ridiculous chip, BUT. He scored, and he's just a little eager beaver, I really like the guy.

Is the fact that Saha hasnt scored since Feb the underlining factor here?!
I don't even think we could sell him if we tried. Might be the same for Yak.

Status
Not open for further replies.