2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have had several players injured at training this season and every season, it happens.

The big difference this time is that this was an unfortunate accident caused by another player in training.

The previous injuries were caused by his body breaking down with no one else involved.
Unfortunately for Gbamin football is a contact sport.
If the club is planning for him to be involved next season then they are very, very delusional.

Unfortunately for Gbamin football is a contact sport.
If the club is planning for him to be involved next season then they are very, very delusional.
In that case we won't be able to play half the team or more because they also have had contact injuries. Seamus Coleman should probably never have had another start after the horrendous leg break. Andre Gomes the same after his injury.

Any player can be injured by a tackle or in this case another player falling on your leg.

That is very different to a player picking up an injury while training with nobody near you.

Is it just me or is anyone making those sounds in their head like when he jumped over fences from a standing start?

I can only do the quote in my head, so that's a no from me. I think you need a few more miles on the odometer than I've got to have clear memories of the show.

I can't read the Athletic article but I don't suspect any part of it says that's why Gbamin got injured?
No, not in that one but there’s a couple of snippets elsewhere that sheds some light on it.

“Speaking after the game on Monday night, Ancelotti said that Gbamin sustained the injury when Lucas Digne accidentally fell on him in a training ground challenge.”

“As first reported by The Athletic, Gbamin is likely to miss the remainder of the season after suffering medial knee ligament damage in training over the weekend. During preparations for Monday’s trip to Brighton, the 25-year-old’s leg is said to have buckled under the weight of contact from team-mate Lucas Digne and jarred in the ground.”

Just had the worst luck this boy. Fingers crossed he has the mental strength to keep coming back.

Hopefully builds up over the summer and ready to start the season fully fit. A DCM who can drop into a back 4 to make a 5 will be a very useful tool. It will also allow us to manage Allan's game time so he can maybe stay available more.

Status
Not open for further replies.