2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still a bit gutted for him but hopefully he can recover by the end of June so he can have a full pre-season. He will have to prove his fitness during pre-season and in friendlies though but let's hope he can.
Brands and Carlo must line up a new defensive midfielder if he breaks down again in pre season / 1st couple of games. And even that is a risk.

Brands and Carlo must line up a new defensive midfielder if he breaks down again in pre season / 1st couple of games. And even that is a risk.
Last thing we need right there. Any new midfielders need to be athletic and dynamic to break the lines and push us up the pitch. Don’t want another one just sitting passing, the ball left and right and going nowhere

Last thing we need right there. Any new midfielders need to be athletic and dynamic to break the lines and push us up the pitch. Don’t want another one just sitting passing the ball left and right going nowhere

Amen to that. We need creativity and dynamism badly. Someone who can best a man, isn’t afraid to dribble or pass through the lines, and has a bit of pace.

This fella is clearly a fitness liability and the club should be looking beyond him even for next season. He doesn't come with any kind of guarantee and obviously his fitness record is woeful. Need to move on I'm afraid. If he makes a full return to fitness then brilliant but he's not filling anyone with confidence.

I'm still a bit gutted for him but hopefully he can recover by the end of June so he can have a full pre-season. He will have to prove his fitness during pre-season and in friendlies though but let's hope he can.
Yep, hope he recovers well from this awful run of bad luck. I think the most I'd expect from him next season would be to get a pre-season and then be around the first team, getting proper fit, fully focussed and playing again as a squad member as opposed to a starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.